Urban Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017
1,067 Interview Reviews

2.2

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Unfortunately I did not get an interview.

Sent my cover letter and CV...Got this response back...Unfortunately you are not the right fit for the position at this time

Thought employers were to be looking for people that can make a difference in their business?

I was probably over qualified as I had prevoiusly held positions as Director of Sales, Merchandise and Visual Presentation for a competitor of UO.

Interview Questions

• Whished they would have at least asked ...Why do you want to work here?
      You are more qualified than what we are looking for   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

First Interview is a fielding from recruiter and showed portfolio. They then consulted with specific managers to proceed or not. I proceeded and did an EXTENSIVE design project. Basically the amount of free work is equivalent to half a month's freelance pay. The prompt is to design a collection for the job and department I was applying for. They then allowed me to present in person. (Some people are told to submit online and don't even get responses back.) They flew me in for the interview and I met with design managers, merchant leads and creative director. They didn't take very long to give me a response via phone a day or two later.

Interview Questions

• Main one to do an extensive design project for the job that they give you a short prompt to work off.

Also basic ones like - experience, interests outside of work, if you're from out of town - why you want to live in Philly, what inspires you, why you want to work at the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was for the 86th & 3rd location in New York.

The first interview was a group interview (I loathe those) with about 5 people. The questions were more of a survey: How often do you shop online? Who is your fashion role model?

The second interview was also a group interview where the store manager played Darwin.

The store manager was so incompetent it makes me wonder how the hell did she get her job. She was asking us how we stay updated with the latest fashion trends, and when we answered with highly known fashion blogs, she had no clue what they were. So much for staying in the know.

Overall, it was a very unprofessional and unrewarding experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in December 2009.

Interview

this store is just for a bunch of yuppies and hipsters! they hate as fat people! ughhh it was very weird being the only size 12 there, i reall love this store and they lost a lot of sutomers because they did not want me. i will tell everyone! basically it was a group of us and the ones that they hated including me, they told us we can leave and will give us a call which i never recied and its been 1 month

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

After the video interview I had an in person group interview with two other people, all three of us were hired. The interviewer was easy going which helped, some of the questions were silly like "if your friends had to describe you with a hashtag, what would it be?"

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite Urban Outfitters brands?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Group interview. Didn't get much chance to speak because as always with group interviews only the obnoxious rude people who don't mind talking over everyone get to speak. Tiny basement room

Interview Questions

• Bring in your favourite item and explain why it means something to you   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

There was initially an Online video interview, then followed by an in-person interview and then followed by a training day. The online interview gets creative and takes an interest in you as a person where as the in person interview focuses more on your work performance.

Interview Questions

• Name a success in a previous job that you're proud of and how it came about   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied and several months later they invited me to a group interview with about six other people. We all showed up and were led downstairs into the back room, and spoke with two of the managers. The hardest part was definitely trying to get a good answer in and stand out without stepping onto the feet of the other applicants, but the questions were fairly straightforward and allowed for you to shine without putting any unnecessary pressure on anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Providence, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

When the manager showed up, we (a group of about seven interviewees) went downstairs to the back. We sat in a circle, described our experience and background, and then answered questions from the manager. The entire process lasted about forty-five minutes to an hour. Everybody there was nice, but the group interview process was very awkward.

Interview Questions

• If you could have two celebrities as your parents, who would they be?   Answer Question
    • If you could have one celebrity's closet/wardrobe, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

First I applied online on Saturday, then was immediately emailed a survey to take with basic questions that you needed to rate your opinion from strongly disagree to strongly agree. Then two days later on I received a call to come in for an interview. I went in for my interview which was two managers and me. Later that day a manager called me to tell me I got the job. Questions weren't the easiest.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Urban Outfitters to someone who doesn't know the company?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question
    • What inspires you on social media?   Answer Question
    • What is a hashtag that your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • Since boxing day gets very busy, how would you handle it if three different customers were coming to you at once?   Answer Question