Urban Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,038 Interview Reviews

2.2

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Durham, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email after submitting an application through Urban's company website. I was then asked to complete a video interview, a day or so later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you for the Urban Outfitters position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through UO. They sent an online ethic questionnaire first and then scheduled a group interview one week later. The questions were easy and the whole interview was chill.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Started off as a group interview, asking basic customer service job questions. Then moved to a one-on-one. Although it largely depends on who the manager is, overall was very friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions

• If you could improve one thing about this store what would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about 3 weeks. First I filled out an online application, then had to do a video interview, then they invited me to the interview with the store lead.

Anonymous Employee in Pacific Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Pacific Beach, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First was a recorded video interview asking personality questions, hobbies, lifestyle (with no one on other end). Second interview in-store with manager, asked about availability and your previous experience.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

it was at a hotel and they were by 3 people so it as one to the next to the next and they were just fun questions about pop culture and what we do

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Made it to the U.O. intern interview day which essentially is a cattle call for all of the interns applying for various positions to meet with their potential co-workers if they're chosen (I applied as a video intern).

Interview process was relatively simple. Although I was in a big room with multiple interviews going on simultaneously, the interviewers were very friendly and nice.

Although I didn't get the position, I received good feedback from the team and had the opportunity of seeing the hq.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

I remember I applied online once I turned 18, then since I really wanted that job I called about 3 days later & asked to speak with the hiring manager, told him my name & when I applied, then I asked if we can schedule an interview at his earliest convenience, he then told me they actually go through all applications every end of the week & if they like my application they'll give me a call. I remember about a week or week & a half after that, I get a call regarding an interview as a Retail Sales Associate at Urban Outfitters, so I accepted. I went to the interview prepared & had knowledge of the company's timeline & a lot about the brand & it's style. I'm pretty sure all Urban Outfitters interviews are group interviews so heads up, there's competition. But don't be intimidated, be confident & know what you're saying, they love that. One main thing to keep in mind is to dress to impress, not in the business casual way, the Urban Outfitters way, show your unique style, that's what they're about!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Video interview conducted on a laptop. Very straight-forward but a little impersonal... probably hard to gauge a person's character through a screen, but I feel like they do it to make sure you have the right "look" before they go forward with you.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Two group interviews and one survey questionnaire, super easy and quite fun. It was for a store that was going to open for the first time in a high end mall. The first group interview was at a hip hotel and the hiring manager asked questions and we all took turns answering at different times. We went home and was given an online questionnaire to fill out about general work related questions. Next received an email for a second interview with the managers of the actual store. We all were in a circle and they asked us a bunch of questions and all took turns answering. It was basically like having a fun conversation with the group.