Urban Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017
1,065 Interview Reviews

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

Given a survey to complete as well as a video interview. I was called in afterwards for an in store group interview. It took a week to get any notice about whether or not I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was quick. Two days after applying online I got an e-mail to attend a group interview in a week. Then another e-mail for an online interview due in two days.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your friend asked if you could buy them something with your employee discount?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email to do a video interview the next day. A day after that they emailed me about a hiring event they're holding. When I came in for that it was a group interview with 2 other people. The questions were fairly easy and we were all relaxed and friendly. After that, the manager told all 3 of us to wait to speak to another manager separately. After I spoke with the second manager I was certain I got the job because he said I did a good job and that I'll be hearing from him soon. I got an email the next day saying I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I didn't even finish my application, but they called me in for an interview anyway. Thus, I didn't expect much. But this review is mostly in regards to the handling of applicants. I came in to a "hiring event," essentially just a cesspool of desperate hopefuls who were told to sit on a small display (bench?) hardly big enough to fit all of us until the manager decided she was ready to invite us in. It started more than 30 minutes late. We went into a room to answer questions one at a time. There was no apparent order, as it was a fairly informal interview. We were permitted to dress however we liked. Manager obviously had one favorite, but besides that no facial reactions. She looked tired and borderline annoyed that we were there. We were told we'd get an answer by the next day. I sent a follow-up email, but received no answer. Still haven't received an answer, but it's been over two months so I obviously understand that it was a no. I just would have preferred that they told me rather than ghosting me. Extremely unprofessional manager and a terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite brand at Urban? Why?   Answer Question
    • What do you think makes Urban appealing to customers?   Answer Question
    • Describe a positive experience you've had with a sales associate (when you were a customer).   Answer Question
    • Name a hashtag your friends would use to describe you.   Answer Question
    • Describe your favorite manager. What characteristic(s) made them great?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

My job interview was just a group interview. I tried to be the first to answer the questions as soon as they were asked. The interviewer just asked typical questions that you would expect to be asked. At the end, they asked us if we had any questions. Take this opportunity to ask questions such as, "what do you expect from an employee?" or "what is an obstacle that you had to personally overcome working here?"

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite brands that we carry?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Pretty long process overall. Initial contact via email and phone interview scheduled within two weeks of applying. I was brought in for an in person, five hour interview, meeting with 5 different people, sometimes two at a time. Follow up via email from HR letting me know I was being considered and then about one a month for 4 months until the job was offered to someone else.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First you fill out this online questionnaire/quiz, then you are called in for an interview in the store. It is a group interview and the questions asked are fun to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your style inspiration from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied to Urban Outfitters online and the next day, I received an email asking to do a video interview ( The email also stated that I had 48 hours to do it) I did the video interview the next day. There were seven questions and the questions were timed (30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer the question) The questions were pretty unusual but still fun and laid back questions. (there are also practice questions, i recommend doing them) I did the interview on my laptop.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   1 Answer
    • what is an app that you have recommended to a friend and why?   1 Answer
    • What are 3 must have pieces this season?   1 Answer
    • What projects are you working on?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in April 2017.

Interview

They give you a video interview in which a question is posted and you're given a couple of minutes to think of the answer, then they start recording. They follow up with an in-person interview next.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your interests and passions, and how have they influenced projects you’ve worked on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online during a seasonal part of the year and received an invite for a group interview within 1 week. Basic interview questions on why you want to work here followed by a few behavior questions. Received an offer the next day.