Urban Outfitters Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Urban Outfitters

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out an online application and a questionnaire. Then was emailed a link for a short video interview. Then was called in for a group interview followed by an one-on-one interview. The interview process is a bit tedious.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email asking me to complete an online video interview where I had to record myself answering basic questions through a portal they setup, went in for a group interview about two weeks later where I simply had to put together an outfit for another interviewee and explain why I chose it, got a phone call about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Pick a partner and make them an outfit for a day at the beach   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Montclair, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

There was an online video interview/questionnaire, where you were given I think like a minute to read and prepare to answer a question. (I'm not sure if this material is actually reviewed by the local hiring team, because my responses to these were never brought up). Then, there was a group interview, with about five other applicants, led by two specialists, this was more to see if you matched the culture of the store. And finally an interview with the manager, which was more oriented to how you would handle professional situations like conflicts with coworkers, difficult customers, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Princeton, NJ) in June 2018.

Interview

Just like everyone says - video interview, then a group interview in person. The video interview is super easy and the group interview is a lot less daunting than it seems. The process took like 3-4 weeks maybe? First I applied online, then a few days later got asked to submit a video interview, and then I think a week later I was asked to come in for an interview. I was scared I was a little awkward during the interview but I think my style really helped me out. Dress cute, don't be basic. They'll also ask you to create an outfit using clothes from the store so don't be basic then either. The hiring managers are super friendly, and your fellow applicants should be as well. I got an offer 5 days after my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I interviewed online through a series of recorded videos. After responding to their questions in a recording, I sent it in and a week later was notified that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• If you overheard other employees talking about using their employee discount for a friend, what would you do?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I came in for an in person interview. The guy didn't seem interested at all about my past experience and skills, just if I was "chill" enough to fit the company image. No wonder every time I shop there the people are so rude.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I was throwing a party and people wanted to take my beer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I first had to submit a resume and cover letter online, then I was asked to do a video interview a week later. The video interview gave me a max of 3 minutes to answer about 6 scenario and personality questions. About 2 weeks later I was invited to do an in-person interview. I was not told it would be a group interview consisting of 3 people including myself. The questions were similar to the video interview questions and lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests and passions, and how have they influenced projects you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you gave a great customer experience.   Answer Question
    • Where would you look for inspiration for current fashion trends? (If I was asked by the team to contribute to the styling of a merchandising project)   Answer Question
    • If I overhear a couple of employees talking about buying a gift for their friend using their employee discount, what would I do? (Knowing it's against company policy)   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you received constructive feedback from a supervisor or teacher?   Answer Question
    • We were asked to tell the manager a bit about ourselves   Answer Question
    • I was asked why I want to work at Urban   Answer Question
    • I was asked what else do I look forward to while working at Urban other than making money   Answer Question
    • Was asked what I would do if I suspected a customer was trying to steal   Answer Question
    • If I had $100, what would I buy at Urban?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Easy, chill, manager who interviewed me ended up later telling me she hired me. Honestly became like an older sister to me :D Just be real with them, start a conversation, enjoy it, it'll help you leave an impression.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy. If you are an urban customer it should be chill and cool. They usually do group interview so be ready to get competitive against other employees. I got the job after two group interviews

Interview Questions

• If you can buy anything in the store with a $100 gift card, what would you buy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

First there was a typical online application. It was a group interview of about 10 people and a manager that was super casual and laid back. It is suggested that you dress in a style similar to what they sell and what you would wear to work. Seems like appearance mattered more than how you did in the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?   Answer Question