Urban Outfitters Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.1

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

I completed my video interviews after receiving multiple responses over two weeks ago, but I have not heard from them yet. Reading the other people responses, I'm not doubtful that I will receive a group interview request, but it's frustrating to see that you have to wait a while to get to that part. It would show good management if they would respond in a timely fashion, or if they were rejecting people after the video bit, to respond with an email, instead of leaving them hanging. It's just common courtesy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you overheard your coworkers plotting to use their employee discount for a friend, even though it's against company policy?`   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

I remember I applied online once I turned 18, then since I really wanted that job I called about 3 days later & asked to speak with the hiring manager, told him my name & when I applied, then I asked if we can schedule an interview at his earliest convenience, he then told me they actually go through all applications every end of the week & if they like my application they'll give me a call. I remember about a week or week & a half after that, I get a call regarding an interview as a Retail Sales Associate at Urban Outfitters, so I accepted. I went to the interview prepared & had knowledge of the company's timeline & a lot about the brand & it's style. I'm pretty sure all Urban Outfitters interviews are group interviews so heads up, there's competition. But don't be intimidated, be confident & know what you're saying, they love that. One main thing to keep in mind is to dress to impress, not in the business casual way, the Urban Outfitters way, show your unique style, that's what they're about!

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

it was at a hotel and they were by 3 people so it as one to the next to the next and they were just fun questions about pop culture and what we do

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, few days later got a email for a video interview after I did that, Got invited for an interview ( ended up being a group interview with 4 other people )

Interview Questions

• Why urban outfitters

Have you ever experienced any Loss Prevention

3 must haves this season   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New Castle, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

You apply online, then if you pass that stage you have to send in a video interview. After that is an in person interview. The video interview is promoted through HireVue and there are like pre-recorded video questions you just record yourself answering.

Interview Questions

• For one of the video interview questions, they asked "what trends would you care are a necessity for the upcoming season". Something along those lines.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Louisville, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

Group interview with two managers, lasted about 15 minutes, asked random questions that had nothing to do with the job or job skills. Everyone in group was hired when there was obviously a few that shouldn't have been. they didn't act professional or like actual managers,

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Applied online and had recording interview. Didn't hear anything for over a month then finally heard that they wanted me to complete an online survey. At that point I had assumed I didn't get it and had looked for employment elsewhere. I kept checking online though and it always said my video was still under review.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you talked to a complete stranger? What was your connection like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online.
    Next day I was asked to complete a video interview. Fairly easy, 8 questions.
    The day after that I was sent the online survey.
    That was a week ago. Haven't heard back yet. Tempted to call the hiring manager because I really want to know if I have an in person interview or not so my time won't be wasted.

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Newport Beach, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First you have to apply online, then I got an email requesting a survey to be done and then for a group interview. The interview only had two other applicants and the manager was very sweet and attentive. Overall the experience was great and very comfortable, any anxiety I had disappeared.

Interview Questions

• Some questions from what I can remember:
      Why did you choose Urban outfitters?
      If I gave you a $200 gift card what would you buy in the store?
      Describe your style
      Name a time you gave good customer service
      What sets you apart in your past experiences (other jobs you have had)that makes you qualified?
      What makes a good work environment?
      Describe a teacher, past employer etc. that inspired you
      Tell a bit about yourself
      What did you like about your past job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to several locations. For one I did a video interview and was declined, but I was offered an in person interview for another location. They have been prompt in the offering of the interview and getting back to me after I submitted my video.