Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.2

743 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was pretty easy and relaxed. It was more of a conversation and the manager that interviewed me seemed interested. The questions can get a little weird but I think they just want your to feel confortable

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Sent in my application, got a group interview 3 days later, then got a final interview 3 days later. A week passed and called to check up and they said they were too busy and JUST started reviewing. Another week passed, said they were too busy and would get back a certain day. Third week passed and the same excuse. Tbh would've been fine if they just sent a quick email that said I was denied lol.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied, did video interview, had a two person group in person interview and was hired on the spot. This was a one week process. Extremely easy to get hired in my opinion. Too easy since the underqualified person in my group got hired as well. Ultimately turned the position down as the pay was nowhere near my expectations.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week later asking me to do a video interview. After that, I got an email back asking if I was available for an in-store group interview about 10 days later. The group interview was casual, very standard type questions, plus a few more in-depth about the store and brands.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Video interview conducted on a laptop. Very straight-forward but a little impersonal... probably hard to gauge a person's character through a screen, but I feel like they do it to make sure you have the right "look" before they go forward with you.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position and a day later I was contacted to do the video interview. I had no prep time on my interview questions so it was easy to think of my answers before I hit record. The next day I was asked to come in for a one on one interview and it was just me and not a group. A week after the interview they told me I got the job! The interview is super laid back they basically just want to know if you have a good personality that will mesh well with everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Tallahassee, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. It was awkward but that was my first time in a group interview. The interview consist of personality questions. Like why do you want to work here. Also if it was day in town what would you do?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

After applying online, you get sent and email for a video interview, which is a series of questions that you must video tape yourself answering and submit it. After the video interview, the next step is a in-person interview (may be one on one or a group interview) and also asked a series of questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2017.

Interview

Applied and got contacted for a video interview the next day. The day after I recorded the interview, I got an email to come in for a one on one interview. I went in and interviewed with the hiring manager who then had me interview with the store manager. The next day I got a call that I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back like a week later and was asked to do a video interview within 48 hrs. Interview was 7 questions. 5 were video questions where you got 30 sec to prepare and like 3 mins to talk. I would definitely recommend doing the practice questions to get comfortable. 2 questions were written and had no time limit. I'm still waiting to hear back from this since I just completed it today.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever told a friend to get an app? Explain.   Answer Question
    • Talk about the last conversation you had with a stranger. Was there a good connection?   Answer Question
    • What are your top 3 must have trends/pieces this season?   Answer Question
    • What projects are you working on currently?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question