Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.2

753 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was asked to come to the Hiring Event. About a week later I was asked to come to the Final Interview. Didn't realize the Final Interview was also a group interview(same kind of interview as the Hiring Event)

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to Urban Outfitters that you've learned from previous jobs?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online in fall 2017 and received the opportunity to do a video interview through Hire Vue. They give you a set of question to answer and record yourself at home.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you hear a couple of employees talking about purchasing items for a friend using their employee discount. Knowing this is against policy, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • imagine you've been asked to provide your opinion on the outfitting and styling for one of the merchandising projects in our stores, where would you look for inspiration that reflects current fashion trends?   Answer Question
    • tell us a time about that you helped deliver a great customer experience. What did you do? What effect did it have on the customer?   Answer Question
    • What else do you want us to know about you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied to the soho location got the video interview really was happy about that call them and got a rude feed back from the hiring manager that’s when i should of knew it was something wrong with their company... 2 weeks later they denied me and said that they wasn’t gonna move forward with my application so I said you know what let me just apply to every urban Outfitters in New York So I did next thing you know I got 2 video interviews only person I got group interview email was for 5th avenue I was so excited for the group interview I never did nothing like that before but when I got there she did one on ones I was so nervous I didn’t even think about it when I walked off I said I wasn’t gonna get this job and I didn’t then I applied to the 34th Street store they told me to come into their hiring event so I did I was ready (I thought I was) it was a group interview of 8 and it was about 50th people there I was so nervous when I spoke my Jaw was shaking when I left I knew that place isn’t somewhere I shouldn’t move forward in my life with if I wasn’t comfortable at the interview with and if they do call me back I’ll not but they’re most like not because I know it was more over then 100 people there

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Applied online from the Urban website did the video interview and got asked to go to a group interview. Went to the interview and believed it went pretty well but ended up not getting hired because they already hired the amount of people needed but they liked me enough to send my information to another location that was looking for potential employees so I went and did a group interview and got asked to come back for an interview with the manager and got hired 3 days later!

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Had one in person interview by myself. I spoke with one manager for less than half an hour and was asked to come back in a week. Came in for second interview and found out I had already been hired. Still answered questions and scheduled my first day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience confronting a customer or a person breaking a rule or law in a professional setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Malibu, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. They emailed back within the same day asking me to do a video interview. Almost a week later they emailed me again asking me to come in store for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker giving a friend a discount?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was pretty easy and relaxed. It was more of a conversation and the manager that interviewed me seemed interested. The questions can get a little weird but I think they just want your to feel confortable

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Evanston, IL).

Interview

Really informal, they asked a bunch of questions that weren't relevant to retail . They asked about my interests and music, I never worked retail before but they still hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Sent in my application, got a group interview 3 days later, then got a final interview 3 days later. A week passed and called to check up and they said they were too busy and JUST started reviewing. Another week passed, said they were too busy and would get back a certain day. Third week passed and the same excuse. Tbh would've been fine if they just sent a quick email that said I was denied lol.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied, did video interview, had a two person group in person interview and was hired on the spot. This was a one week process. Extremely easy to get hired in my opinion. Too easy since the underqualified person in my group got hired as well. Ultimately turned the position down as the pay was nowhere near my expectations.