Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.2

776 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me for a video interview. The interview was online and there were questions that you have to answer while being recorded. It's through an online system that they'd provide a link for you. I applied to Urban Outfitters multiple times and this is the closest I have gotten to being interviewed. They make you do the video interview first to see if you're the type of person that they'd hire. I mean yeah they want their employees to look like the people who shop there. I guess I'm not the type of person they want to hire. Or whatever. Applying multiple times and not getting an answer back on anything is tiring. So I gave up and I'm never gonna apply again. Like whatever, they over charge for their products and some fabric materials are cheap. They're only good because they keep up with trends fast enough. Tbh I feel personally attacked by this company.

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Applied online, eventually was invited for a group interview, after which I was called and offered the position. The group interview involved a couple of styling tasks (creating an outfit from items in the store) and a meeting with one of the managers for some typical interview questions, some pertaining specifically to Urban Outfitters.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received an email stating that I must do a video interview and after my video interview a few days later I got a call for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Recall a difficult situation you were put into and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

you have to do a "hirevu" video interview that feels like you're audition to host a fashion vlog. it's definitely corporates way of sifting out those who don't look or act in line with the URBN brand. If you get through that and manage to get an in person interview, you basically got the job assuming your availability works and you act professionally.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Group interview with about 4 other candidates and they would ask questions such as what you liked about Urban Outfitters, how would you describe the brand and they would be directed to the entire group and everyone would have to answer. It was best to be the first person because other people were so quick to piggy back off your answers and you would make a good impression.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

application was first, was called to do an online prelim interview, followed by a in person interview, was offered job within a few days. Overall it is an easy and comfortable process.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Had one in person interview by myself. I spoke with one manager for less than half an hour and was asked to come back in a week. Came in for second interview and found out I had already been hired. Still answered questions and scheduled my first day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience confronting a customer or a person breaking a rule or law in a professional setting?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Very Casual. Group interview process with laid back interviewer. Many questions about your personal style and where you pull inspiration from. Seems almost like they are more concerned with validating how cool you are rather than how qualified for the job you may be. All in all an easy process with some interesting questions to try to determine your style and hobbies.

Interview Questions

• What is your spirit animal? Why do you want to work for Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was asked to come to the Hiring Event. About a week later I was asked to come to the Final Interview. Didn't realize the Final Interview was also a group interview(same kind of interview as the Hiring Event)

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to Urban Outfitters that you've learned from previous jobs?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online in fall 2017 and received the opportunity to do a video interview through Hire Vue. They give you a set of question to answer and record yourself at home.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you hear a couple of employees talking about purchasing items for a friend using their employee discount. Knowing this is against policy, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • imagine you've been asked to provide your opinion on the outfitting and styling for one of the merchandising projects in our stores, where would you look for inspiration that reflects current fashion trends?   Answer Question
    • tell us a time about that you helped deliver a great customer experience. What did you do? What effect did it have on the customer?   Answer Question
    • What else do you want us to know about you?   Answer Question