Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2017.

Interview

Applied and got contacted for a video interview the next day. The day after I recorded the interview, I got an email to come in for a one on one interview. I went in and interviewed with the hiring manager who then had me interview with the store manager. The next day I got a call that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back like a week later and was asked to do a video interview within 48 hrs. Interview was 7 questions. 5 were video questions where you got 30 sec to prepare and like 3 mins to talk. I would definitely recommend doing the practice questions to get comfortable. 2 questions were written and had no time limit. I'm still waiting to hear back from this since I just completed it today.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever told a friend to get an app? Explain.   Answer Question
    • Talk about the last conversation you had with a stranger. Was there a good connection?   Answer Question
    • What are your top 3 must have trends/pieces this season?   Answer Question
    • What projects are you working on currently?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied and didn't hear from them for a little over 2 weeks. During this time I called for a follow up twice lol I really wanted the job. Anyways, after 2 weeks passed I was invited to do a video interview. A few hours after I submitted it I got an email about a group interview a few days later. The group interview was laid back, just be yourself don't worry about being too professional. A couple hours after my group interview I got a call for a final interview the following day. Again be yourself, mine was one on one but this can also be a group interview depending on the store. And a few hours later I got a call offering me the job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Applied online and then was invited to do an online video interview. Recorded myself after looking at some questions. For me, there was unlimited prep time. It wasn't so bad. However, I haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you overheard co-workers talking about using their discount for friends?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Not even in person. You just submit a video to hirevue and they decide based on your looks not your skills and what makes you unique from other people. Not much else to say about it but they are very petty.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

The most relaxed interview I've ever done!

I applied online and the next day received a request to submit a video interview. The video interview is very simple and asks you to answer 4 questions that are asking about yourself. A week later I received an email asking to come in for a group interview (mine was with 3 other people). The interview is done in store with the hiring manager and is also very relaxed and only lasted about 30min. I received a final interview request 2 days after my second interview. This is also a group interview that is about 30min, but it's with the store manager. Again, very relaxed and all the questions at each of the interviews are really geared towards getting to know what type of person you are. I received the job offer 3 days after my final interview! They're looking for very creative and laid back employees. As corny as it sounds, my advice is to be yourself and relax!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UO?   Answer Question
    • If you had $500 that you could spend anywhere, excluding any UO Inc. stores, what would you spend it on and why?   Answer Question
    • Name a person whose fashion inspires you.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a week and a half later asking me to do a video interview. The next day, they said they weren't going to proceed with my application.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

It was a very relaxed process. It started out with a video interview which I was able to complete online, and the questions were very fair and engaging. Then I went in for an in-person group interview.

Interview Questions

• The company really wants to get to know you as a person, so the questions were more personal about your everyday life and your style.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process took about a month to complete.

I turned in my online application on the 25th of April and then was emailed on the 26th to do a Hire View online recorded interview. About a week after that I was emailed to interview at UO in store a week later.
    After that interview I was invited for a second interview five days later. Both of these interviews were group interviews.
    Two days after, I was called and was told that I had received the job!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online. After that, I got an email to do a video interview. Basically you get asked questions and you have to record your response. If you pass that, then you go into the store to interview with a department manager.