Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

The most relaxed interview I've ever done!

I applied online and the next day received a request to submit a video interview. The video interview is very simple and asks you to answer 4 questions that are asking about yourself. A week later I received an email asking to come in for a group interview (mine was with 3 other people). The interview is done in store with the hiring manager and is also very relaxed and only lasted about 30min. I received a final interview request 2 days after my second interview. This is also a group interview that is about 30min, but it's with the store manager. Again, very relaxed and all the questions at each of the interviews are really geared towards getting to know what type of person you are. I received the job offer 3 days after my final interview! They're looking for very creative and laid back employees. As corny as it sounds, my advice is to be yourself and relax!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UO?   Answer Question
  • If you had $500 that you could spend anywhere, excluding any UO Inc. stores, what would you spend it on and why?   Answer Question
  • Name a person whose fashion inspires you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a week and a half later asking me to do a video interview. The next day, they said they weren't going to proceed with my application.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

It was a very relaxed process. It started out with a video interview which I was able to complete online, and the questions were very fair and engaging. Then I went in for an in-person group interview.

Interview Questions

• The company really wants to get to know you as a person, so the questions were more personal about your everyday life and your style.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process took about a month to complete.

I turned in my online application on the 25th of April and then was emailed on the 26th to do a Hire View online recorded interview. About a week after that I was emailed to interview at UO in store a week later.
    After that interview I was invited for a second interview five days later. Both of these interviews were group interviews.
    Two days after, I was called and was told that I had received the job!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online. After that, I got an email to do a video interview. Basically you get asked questions and you have to record your response. If you pass that, then you go into the store to interview with a department manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

Given a survey to complete as well as a video interview. I was called in afterwards for an in store group interview. It took a week to get any notice about whether or not I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First you fill out this online questionnaire/quiz, then you are called in for an interview in the store. It is a group interview and the questions asked are fun to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your style inspiration from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied to Urban Outfitters online and the next day, I received an email asking to do a video interview ( The email also stated that I had 48 hours to do it) I did the video interview the next day. There were seven questions and the questions were timed (30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer the question) The questions were pretty unusual but still fun and laid back questions. (there are also practice questions, i recommend doing them) I did the interview on my laptop.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   1 Answer
    • what is an app that you have recommended to a friend and why?   1 Answer
    • What are 3 must have pieces this season?   1 Answer
    • What projects are you working on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online during a seasonal part of the year and received an invite for a group interview within 1 week. Basic interview questions on why you want to work here followed by a few behavior questions. Received an offer the next day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied and several months later they invited me to a group interview with about six other people. We all showed up and were led downstairs into the back room, and spoke with two of the managers. The hardest part was definitely trying to get a good answer in and stand out without stepping onto the feet of the other applicants, but the questions were fairly straightforward and allowed for you to shine without putting any unnecessary pressure on anyone.