Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.1

725 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Video interview conducted on a laptop. Very straight-forward but a little impersonal... probably hard to gauge a person's character through a screen, but I feel like they do it to make sure you have the right "look" before they go forward with you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

After applying online, you get sent and email for a video interview, which is a series of questions that you must video tape yourself answering and submit it. After the video interview, the next step is a in-person interview (may be one on one or a group interview) and also asked a series of questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2017.

Interview

Applied and got contacted for a video interview the next day. The day after I recorded the interview, I got an email to come in for a one on one interview. I went in and interviewed with the hiring manager who then had me interview with the store manager. The next day I got a call that I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back like a week later and was asked to do a video interview within 48 hrs. Interview was 7 questions. 5 were video questions where you got 30 sec to prepare and like 3 mins to talk. I would definitely recommend doing the practice questions to get comfortable. 2 questions were written and had no time limit. I'm still waiting to hear back from this since I just completed it today.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever told a friend to get an app? Explain.   Answer Question
    • Talk about the last conversation you had with a stranger. Was there a good connection?   Answer Question
    • What are your top 3 must have trends/pieces this season?   Answer Question
    • What projects are you working on currently?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied and didn't hear from them for a little over 2 weeks. During this time I called for a follow up twice lol I really wanted the job. Anyways, after 2 weeks passed I was invited to do a video interview. A few hours after I submitted it I got an email about a group interview a few days later. The group interview was laid back, just be yourself don't worry about being too professional. A couple hours after my group interview I got a call for a final interview the following day. Again be yourself, mine was one on one but this can also be a group interview depending on the store. And a few hours later I got a call offering me the job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Applied online and then was invited to do an online video interview. Recorded myself after looking at some questions. For me, there was unlimited prep time. It wasn't so bad. However, I haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you overheard co-workers talking about using their discount for friends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Omaha, NE) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to do a video interview the next day. I didn't think I would get a call back because I found it pretty awkward. Got a call a day or two later asking me to come in for an interview, it was with one other person and 2 of the managers. It was really laid back and felt more like a conversation. They told me I'd get a call next day, I think it was actually 4 days later (granted they were really busy) and they offered me the job!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about 3 weeks. First I filled out an online application, then had to do a video interview, then they invited me to the interview with the store lead.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Not even in person. You just submit a video to hirevue and they decide based on your looks not your skills and what makes you unique from other people. Not much else to say about it but they are very petty.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

The most relaxed interview I've ever done!

I applied online and the next day received a request to submit a video interview. The video interview is very simple and asks you to answer 4 questions that are asking about yourself. A week later I received an email asking to come in for a group interview (mine was with 3 other people). The interview is done in store with the hiring manager and is also very relaxed and only lasted about 30min. I received a final interview request 2 days after my second interview. This is also a group interview that is about 30min, but it's with the store manager. Again, very relaxed and all the questions at each of the interviews are really geared towards getting to know what type of person you are. I received the job offer 3 days after my final interview! They're looking for very creative and laid back employees. As corny as it sounds, my advice is to be yourself and relax!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UO?   Answer Question
    • If you had $500 that you could spend anywhere, excluding any UO Inc. stores, what would you spend it on and why?   Answer Question
    • Name a person whose fashion inspires you.   Answer Question