Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied and several months later they invited me to a group interview with about six other people. We all showed up and were led downstairs into the back room, and spoke with two of the managers. The hardest part was definitely trying to get a good answer in and stand out without stepping onto the feet of the other applicants, but the questions were fairly straightforward and allowed for you to shine without putting any unnecessary pressure on anyone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied in person, and submitted my resume etc. Was called back for another interview. The interview was a group interview with a few other people. Very low-key and pretty easy. The hiring manager was a young woman easy to talk to. Overall fine experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in February 2017.

Interview

Short interview, group interview, asked basic questions about what we do for fun, where we see ourselves in 5 years. Not a bad interview at all, in fact, it was nice getting to know the other applicants. However: Very disorganized way of notifying applicants if they got the job or not. The manager claimed he emailed me the follow up survey, he never did (checked spam and junk).... nothing.... not until I called him directly and asked, he "resends it." I took the survey, waited a week. Later, I decided to call AGAIN one week after the interview, he tells me he emailed me a rejection email (again, never got it).... I am not sure if this guy really just did not like me as an applicant or personal (I don't think I know him?) but there seemed to be a trend of "failing/ forgetting/ "not sure what happened" with sending follow up emails. I thought it was very unprofessional to not at least email me that I did not get the position, instead I had to call twice. It could honestly be a glitch on the companies email side, but I find it very rare that whoever he did decide to hire, did indeed get the following emails without having to call this manager. Very disorganized experience. I really hope my applicant paper work is shredded, cause now I am worried considering the level of disorganization I experience with just an interview... very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? If everything goes your way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online after seeing the job on Indeed. I needed to fill out an employee account and upload my resume. Four weeks later I recieved an e-mail to do an online interview. It wasn't with an actual person on video chat, it was just simple questions I had to record myself answering. Another four weeks later I got an e-mail asking me to fill out a survey. It had a lot of random questions. Two weeks later I got an interview. I went in and they just asked me some simple things about who are my instagram icons and what school I go to, etc. They had me come in for a second interview and asked me more things. Then, they called me in again and this time it was to meet with the manager so she could tell me I had the job. They started me two weeks after my hiring. Pretty long application and interview process, but very simple.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online got an email after a month to take survey before the group interview. The group interview lasted about 15 minutes with 6 people in the group. After 2 weeks I got another email asking to come in for a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

First I applied an online application and then shortly after had to take a Quiz. Next was Video Interview where they asked several questions. Next I got an email telling me a time to come for a Group interview. The next step is the One on One with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What top 3 trends would you like for this upcoming season?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, 2 days later they sent me a email link for a video interview. The manager contacted me and told me I made through the hiring process. It took me about 12 minutes and there were 7 questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and scheduled an interview all within a couple days. Met with the manager for a one on one and was asked about 4-5 questions and that was it. It was very laid back and easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time you had bad customer service; how did that affect you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had to fill out a survey about two days later, later was sent an email asking me to provide a video interview about a week after my initial application. Was asked some easy (albeit odd) interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was me and one other person in a group interview. The interview seemed very unprepared and only asked us 4 questions, making the interview for both of us a total of 10 minutes. Didn't really get to know us or ask us any questions that weren't on the online application.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?   Answer Question