Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.2

734 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was for the 86th & 3rd location in New York.

The first interview was a group interview (I loathe those) with about 5 people. The questions were more of a survey: How often do you shop online? Who is your fashion role model?

The second interview was also a group interview where the store manager played Darwin.

The store manager was so incompetent it makes me wonder how the hell did she get her job. She was asking us how we stay updated with the latest fashion trends, and when we answered with highly known fashion blogs, she had no clue what they were. So much for staying in the know.

Overall, it was a very unprofessional and unrewarding experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in December 2009.

Interview

this store is just for a bunch of yuppies and hipsters! they hate as fat people! ughhh it was very weird being the only size 12 there, i reall love this store and they lost a lot of sutomers because they did not want me. i will tell everyone! basically it was a group of us and the ones that they hated including me, they told us we can leave and will give us a call which i never recied and its been 1 month

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

There was initially an Online video interview, then followed by an in-person interview and then followed by a training day. The online interview gets creative and takes an interest in you as a person where as the in person interview focuses more on your work performance.

Interview Questions

• Name a success in a previous job that you're proud of and how it came about   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied and several months later they invited me to a group interview with about six other people. We all showed up and were led downstairs into the back room, and spoke with two of the managers. The hardest part was definitely trying to get a good answer in and stand out without stepping onto the feet of the other applicants, but the questions were fairly straightforward and allowed for you to shine without putting any unnecessary pressure on anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Providence, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

When the manager showed up, we (a group of about seven interviewees) went downstairs to the back. We sat in a circle, described our experience and background, and then answered questions from the manager. The entire process lasted about forty-five minutes to an hour. Everybody there was nice, but the group interview process was very awkward.

Interview Questions

• If you could have two celebrities as your parents, who would they be?   Answer Question
    • If you could have one celebrity's closet/wardrobe, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

First I applied online on Saturday, then was immediately emailed a survey to take with basic questions that you needed to rate your opinion from strongly disagree to strongly agree. Then two days later on I received a call to come in for an interview. I went in for my interview which was two managers and me. Later that day a manager called me to tell me I got the job. Questions weren't the easiest.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Urban Outfitters to someone who doesn't know the company?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question
    • What inspires you on social media?   Answer Question
    • What is a hashtag that your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • Since boxing day gets very busy, how would you handle it if three different customers were coming to you at once?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Bethesda, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position and was asked a week later to complete an online video interview for UO. After submitting the video interview, I was called by one of the assistant managers for a store interview. She recommended me for the next step which consisted of another store interview with the manager. A few days later he emailed me to tell me to call him for an interview and I came back to the store for a few minutes of unnecessary questions for the sales associate position. I felt awful after that final interview and would not recommend anyone to apply to the Montgomery Mall store.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a potential customer who is suspected of stealing?
      What are some styles you can't live without?
      Why UO is a good fit for you?
      Describe who you are as a person?
      If you could be a animal what animal would you be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a job fair at the UO in Charlotte and there was a lot of canadites who came. They split the group interviews up into about 5 people in each group. It was intimating because it wasn't a everyone has to speak interview.. It was whoever answered first or at all answered. It's better to answer as one of the first two because answers start repeating and people start agreeing. They asked questions about our style, what's in style now, our previous job experience, and asking us about ourselves. You could tell they wanted people who were younger and stayed up to date with the style. It was over 250 people who showed up they said and they only offered like 20 positions. They told everyone we would here back whether we got it or not. Oh year they make you take a online questionable before the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

After accepting my online application, they asked me to take part in an online video interview which consisted of 3 different questions and was timed. I got a prompt of each question, about a minute to prepare for it, and then had to start recording during another minute to submit my answers.

Interview Questions

• Draw yourself and items to represent your life and explain why you chose to draw the items that you did.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online through their site after seeing an ad somewhere that they were hiring for their Queen St. location. The application was pretty detailed in itself it asked about my personal style, where I get my fashion inspiration from, who are my style icons, etc. And some basic job related questions like why do I wanna work at UO.

About a month or so later I got an email saying I've been invited for a group interview session at one of the few dates and I could come whenever I wanted. They asked us to dress as if we were going to work (at UO so I wore a skater skirt, cropped top and a denim shirt. The turnout was incredible and a lot of people showed up and we were led upstairs tot he second floor of the store and were told to line up while they continued with the other groups.
    They gathered about like 10-12 people at a small table with one hiring manager person and we were all told to tell everyone something about ourselves. Afterwards he asked two questions directed at everyone, which was really weird because the questions were really weird. One was about loss prevention and how you' deal with a customer who might be stealing something and there's really only one right answer to this; to approach the customer and ask if you can help them with something, or tell security or w.e so if you didn't speak up first you couldn't really add much. The second question was the most absurd like 'if you were to emulate the work ethic of an artist on stage, who would you choose?'

He said they'd be calling us in a week to let us know if we got the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were to emulate the work ethic of an artist on stage who would you choose?   Answer Question