Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Providence, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

When the manager showed up, we (a group of about seven interviewees) went downstairs to the back. We sat in a circle, described our experience and background, and then answered questions from the manager. The entire process lasted about forty-five minutes to an hour. Everybody there was nice, but the group interview process was very awkward.

Interview Questions

• If you could have two celebrities as your parents, who would they be?   Answer Question
  • If you could have one celebrity's closet/wardrobe, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied in person, and submitted my resume etc. Was called back for another interview. The interview was a group interview with a few other people. Very low-key and pretty easy. The hiring manager was a young woman easy to talk to. Overall fine experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then received an email to complete a video interview. About a week later, I received a phone call from the hiring manager and went in for an interview later that week. It took about a week to hear back and I had been offered the job. I went in for an orientation about a week later and wasn't put on the schedule until a week after that.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in February 2017.

Interview

Short interview, group interview, asked basic questions about what we do for fun, where we see ourselves in 5 years. Not a bad interview at all, in fact, it was nice getting to know the other applicants. However: Very disorganized way of notifying applicants if they got the job or not. The manager claimed he emailed me the follow up survey, he never did (checked spam and junk).... nothing.... not until I called him directly and asked, he "resends it." I took the survey, waited a week. Later, I decided to call AGAIN one week after the interview, he tells me he emailed me a rejection email (again, never got it).... I am not sure if this guy really just did not like me as an applicant or personal (I don't think I know him?) but there seemed to be a trend of "failing/ forgetting/ "not sure what happened" with sending follow up emails. I thought it was very unprofessional to not at least email me that I did not get the position, instead I had to call twice. It could honestly be a glitch on the companies email side, but I find it very rare that whoever he did decide to hire, did indeed get the following emails without having to call this manager. Very disorganized experience. I really hope my applicant paper work is shredded, cause now I am worried considering the level of disorganization I experience with just an interview... very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? If everything goes your way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One video interview and two group interviews. They usually do a one on one interview after the original group, but they were looking to hire a lot of people at the time. The video interview was a little weird because you didn't talk to a person. Questions came up and you had 30 seconds to think of your response then like two minutes to give it.

Interview Questions

• Draw a picture that represents you and describe it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my online application. Received an email a few days later about a video interview. Completed the video interview which asked about clothes and how you would handle different situations in the store. Came in for an in store interview which was very relaxed. I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Spring, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I was asked why I wanted to work at Urban Outfitters, and I told them my opinion on the vibes I got from the store. I was nervous, but you just have to say what comes from the heart and be yourself, but at the same time say it in a reasonable professional way. Other than that you should be fine. One key thing too is to dress like they do at Urban, they look at that to see if you're into the style and trends that are going on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Urban?   1 Answer
    • What word describes you?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever cleaned before and know how to?   1 Answer
    • What are you studying and what would you like to do with your life?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marble Arch, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Marble Arch, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was quite a quick process, I applied online and received call back within the same week inviting me to a group interview. There were four of us in the interview and it was extremely relaxed and informal, which made it very easy to open up and to feel comfortable. After a few introductory questions about ourselves, we were split into pairs and had to find an outfit for a prospective customer, then present our ideas to the group. We were then interviewed individually and asked to fill out a form about our availability.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

First I applied an online application and then shortly after had to take a Quiz. Next was Video Interview where they asked several questions. Next I got an email telling me a time to come for a Group interview. The next step is the One on One with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What top 3 trends would you like for this upcoming season?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Paramus, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied through website, I did not have a referral, got a video link that asked questions and recorded your answer about a week later. I believe it was around 5 questions or so which gave you a couple of minutes for prep time. The questions were mostly personal to try to get a sense if you're the creative/hipster type they hire at Urban. Did not get an in person interview at the mall.