Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.2

743 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Athens, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, was given a video interview then scheduled for a group interview. Group of 4 others talking to 2 people, took turns asking questions. After about a week I was given a phone call from the merchandising manager offering me the job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Sent in my application, got a group interview 3 days later, then got a final interview 3 days later. A week passed and called to check up and they said they were too busy and JUST started reviewing. Another week passed, said they were too busy and would get back a certain day. Third week passed and the same excuse. Tbh would've been fine if they just sent a quick email that said I was denied lol.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The manager sat me down in the store and got to know me personally before asking the questions. It was a very chill interview nothing too intimidating. I got the job!

Interview Questions

• If you had a $500 gift card to Urban what would you buy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

First, I had to apply online by filling out a generic application, submitting my resume, and then filling out a survey. After this, I was selected for a video interview. Then, I went in for a group interview and was called a few days later saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

• What are some trends you can't live without this season?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was pretty easy and relaxed. It was more of a conversation and the manager that interviewed me seemed interested. The questions can get a little weird but I think they just want your to feel confortable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied, did video interview, had a two person group in person interview and was hired on the spot. This was a one week process. Extremely easy to get hired in my opinion. Too easy since the underqualified person in my group got hired as well. Ultimately turned the position down as the pay was nowhere near my expectations.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week later asking me to do a video interview. After that, I got an email back asking if I was available for an in-store group interview about 10 days later. The group interview was casual, very standard type questions, plus a few more in-depth about the store and brands.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Tallahassee, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. It was awkward but that was my first time in a group interview. The interview consist of personality questions. Like why do you want to work here. Also if it was day in town what would you do?

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Foremost, I was required to send in a video interview. Upon review of my video, I was then selected to come into my local store for a one-on-one interview with one of the managers.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5-10 years?

Why do I want to work at Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in April 2017.

Interview

They give you a video interview in which a question is posted and you're given a couple of minutes to think of the answer, then they start recording. They follow up with an in-person interview next.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your interests and passions, and how have they influenced projects you’ve worked on?   Answer Question