Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview consisted of two separate speed date type chats with team leads (in the same day) and a final round with senior management. At the final round we were introduced to the spirit and values of UO, the sister companies in the area like Madewell and Anthropologie.

Interview Questions

• What are your current favorite trends or what do you think is up and coming?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I was asked to take a survey before the interview and requested an interview a day later. I was in a group with one other person and they asked typical questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Majority of interviews with URBN stores (Terrain, Anthro, FP, Urban) are group interviews, be prepared for that. They may have you design an outfit for an imaginary client. Be assertive during the group interview but not rude. They will not give advance warning that it's a group interview. Following the interview, they will require that you complete an online character evaluation before you go any further. This asks basic questions about work ethics.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was very laid back, and the interviewer recognized that the position is entry level -- meaning, you can draw on examples from job-related areas to answer. There was a focus on your personality, and ability to work with others.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

This was a super easy and quick interview. It was an in-store group interview with about 7 interviewees and 1 interviewer. Asked some fun questions to loosen everyone up. Very straight forward and easy!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I sent in my application online. A week later, I received an email that gave me an opportunity to take part in an online video interview. The questions were simple and you were given 30 seconds until the video started rolling (it was one way, only you are on the screen- the video will be sent to UO).

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Group interview
    Was easy, the interview ask a question and everybody answer taking a turn. Talked about experience in retail and fashion trends, social media, music. Everybody described themselves. Described their own style. They called me after a couple days and offered the job but I declined it since the salary was too low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Providence, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

When the manager showed up, we (a group of about seven interviewees) went downstairs to the back. We sat in a circle, described our experience and background, and then answered questions from the manager. The entire process lasted about forty-five minutes to an hour. Everybody there was nice, but the group interview process was very awkward.

Interview Questions

• If you could have two celebrities as your parents, who would they be?   Answer Question
    • If you could have one celebrity's closet/wardrobe, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, when to a hiring event/ group interview, did the survey and then did the group interview. Not sure why mine seemed so out of order from the rest. Everyone was really nice, and the process wasn't over 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Whens's the last time you talked with a stranger? what was your connection?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Lynnwood, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was a group interview. It was really chill and since it was early they provided coffee. It started with finding two outfits to present and "sell". We got to go around the store and pick two ensembles so that was fun. Then the group interview started and it was just really laid back and more like a conversation. The questions were addressed to the whole group and we "popcorn" answered. Overall a really good experience. The managers made you feel comfortable and any nervousness just vanished.