Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Montclair, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I went into the store to apply but they told me to apply online. After I applied online I got an email the next day for an online video interview. After I did that, in a couple of days, I received a survey in my email. Then I received an email for a group interview but it was in my junk email so they called me a week later asking me to come in for an email. So then I did the group interview with two other people and the manager asked us all to come back for another interview with his boss. Finally, I go to that interview and they called and offered me the position after a few days.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Showed up for a group interview and it ended up being a very easy 30min 1 on 1 interview with one of the managers. The manager was very laid back during the entire interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I did a video interview for UO where a question appears on the screen and you have about 30 seconds to prepare. Then it starts recording and you must answer the question. There's a total of about 7 questions but the last two are not video recorded. (Instead its a written response about work availability and if you took their opinion survey.) Personally, the experience was a little awkward because I'm not used to talking to a webcam on my laptop alone. I wasn't very good at it as I did not get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with questions about customer service and fashion. Had to do a recorded video interview prior to the in-person interview. Also had to fill out a moral/ethics survey.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my online application. Received an email a few days later about a video interview. Completed the video interview which asked about clothes and how you would handle different situations in the store. Came in for an in store interview which was very relaxed. I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One video interview and two group interviews. They usually do a one on one interview after the original group, but they were looking to hire a lot of people at the time. The video interview was a little weird because you didn't talk to a person. Questions came up and you had 30 seconds to think of your response then like two minutes to give it.

Interview Questions

• Draw a picture that represents you and describe it   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day about completing a video interview with Hirevue. Within a few days of submitting that I was sent a 60 question survey about stealing, customer service, job history etc. After that I was called by the hiring manager to set up an in-store interview and at the end of that interview I was asked to attend an additional interview in a few days. After this interview I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What is a department of Urban Outfitters you would like to know more about?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in September 2016.

Interview

The questions given were pretty straightforward. It took about 2 weeks for me to hear back from them. And they did not go forward with my application for that position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for a few locations and heard back within a week. Was invited for group interview, but was not able to work it into my schedule, but was given a video interview where you're prompted with a time limit to answer a series of questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking me to complete an ethics survey. I got an email a few days after completing the survey asking me to come in for a group interview. The interview was with one other person and we just sat on a couch in the back of the store and answered some questions about customer service and style trends. I got a call the next day offering me the job, it was a really casual and easy experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one good customer service experience you've had recently?   Answer Question
    • What are some trends you're excited for this fall?   Answer Question
    • What did you like about your last job and coworkers?   Answer Question