Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.2

770 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

The most relaxed interview I've ever done!

I applied online and the next day received a request to submit a video interview. The video interview is very simple and asks you to answer 4 questions that are asking about yourself. A week later I received an email asking to come in for a group interview (mine was with 3 other people). The interview is done in store with the hiring manager and is also very relaxed and only lasted about 30min. I received a final interview request 2 days after my second interview. This is also a group interview that is about 30min, but it's with the store manager. Again, very relaxed and all the questions at each of the interviews are really geared towards getting to know what type of person you are. I received the job offer 3 days after my final interview! They're looking for very creative and laid back employees. As corny as it sounds, my advice is to be yourself and relax!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UO?   Answer Question
  • If you had $500 that you could spend anywhere, excluding any UO Inc. stores, what would you spend it on and why?   Answer Question
  • Name a person whose fashion inspires you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a week and a half later asking me to do a video interview. The next day, they said they weren't going to proceed with my application.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

It was a very relaxed process. It started out with a video interview which I was able to complete online, and the questions were very fair and engaging. Then I went in for an in-person group interview.

Interview Questions

• The company really wants to get to know you as a person, so the questions were more personal about your everyday life and your style.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process took about a month to complete.

I turned in my online application on the 25th of April and then was emailed on the 26th to do a Hire View online recorded interview. About a week after that I was emailed to interview at UO in store a week later.
    After that interview I was invited for a second interview five days later. Both of these interviews were group interviews.
    Two days after, I was called and was told that I had received the job!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online. After that, I got an email to do a video interview. Basically you get asked questions and you have to record your response. If you pass that, then you go into the store to interview with a department manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the UO Scottsdale Waterfront location. About 2 hours after I submitted my application, I received a call from a manager to schedule an interview. When I came in to the interview, the manager sat down with me and asked me honestly 5 questions. The interview lasted 15 minutes at most. Manager then thanked me and told me she'd get back to me by the following Monday. Monday rolled around and I called in, to find that the woman I interviewed with was no longer employed at the company and that they had undergone a "restructuring" and weren't sure how many people they needed to hire, and they would get back to me in 3-4 days. They didn't. Very unprofessional process on their end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

Given a survey to complete as well as a video interview. I was called in afterwards for an in store group interview. It took a week to get any notice about whether or not I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was quick. Two days after applying online I got an e-mail to attend a group interview in a week. Then another e-mail for an online interview due in two days.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your friend asked if you could buy them something with your employee discount?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email to do a video interview the next day. A day after that they emailed me about a hiring event they're holding. When I came in for that it was a group interview with 2 other people. The questions were fairly easy and we were all relaxed and friendly. After that, the manager told all 3 of us to wait to speak to another manager separately. After I spoke with the second manager I was certain I got the job because he said I did a good job and that I'll be hearing from him soon. I got an email the next day saying I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I didn't even finish my application, but they called me in for an interview anyway. Thus, I didn't expect much. But this review is mostly in regards to the handling of applicants. I came in to a "hiring event," essentially just a cesspool of desperate hopefuls who were told to sit on a small display (bench?) hardly big enough to fit all of us until the manager decided she was ready to invite us in. It started more than 30 minutes late. We went into a room to answer questions one at a time. There was no apparent order, as it was a fairly informal interview. We were permitted to dress however we liked. Manager obviously had one favorite, but besides that no facial reactions. She looked tired and borderline annoyed that we were there. We were told we'd get an answer by the next day. I sent a follow-up email, but received no answer. Still haven't received an answer, but it's been over two months so I obviously understand that it was a no. I just would have preferred that they told me rather than ghosting me. Extremely unprofessional manager and a terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite brand at Urban? Why?   Answer Question
    • What do you think makes Urban appealing to customers?   Answer Question
    • Describe a positive experience you've had with a sales associate (when you were a customer).   Answer Question
    • Name a hashtag your friends would use to describe you.   Answer Question
    • Describe your favorite manager. What characteristic(s) made them great?   Answer Question