Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.1

725 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and scheduled an interview all within a couple days. Met with the manager for a one on one and was asked about 4-5 questions and that was it. It was very laid back and easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question
  • Think of a time you had bad customer service; how did that affect you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had to fill out a survey about two days later, later was sent an email asking me to provide a video interview about a week after my initial application. Was asked some easy (albeit odd) interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was me and one other person in a group interview. The interview seemed very unprepared and only asked us 4 questions, making the interview for both of us a total of 10 minutes. Didn't really get to know us or ask us any questions that weren't on the online application.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Their interview process was strange - they had me use an app and record my interview answers as videos, giving me about 30 seconds to read the question and think about my answer beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What are your top 3 trends for next season?   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you had a conversation with a stranger and what was it about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online, got an email 7 hours later regarding interview dates to come in. Picked a date and walked in for a group interview. There were six of us and two managers came in and split us into two groups. They took us outside the store and had the interview outside of Coldstone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Urban outfitters?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with LP? What would you do if you caught someone stealing?   1 Answer
    • What music are you into? What kind of concerts to you attend?   1 Answer
    • Who is your fashion icon? Where do you get your fashion from?   1 Answer
    • What is the first app on your phone you open?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

I have applied to Urban Outfitters several times and I honestly am not sure why I kept appliying after the several horrible experience I had. I guess I thought it would be an awesome, creative company to work for.
    The last time I applied I went into the store and asked for the hiring manager. He said that someone would be in contact with me for an interview within a week and if they do not, call. I ended up waiting over a week and called and they scheduled my first interview. The interview went great...I thought. It felt like a friendly conversation. After the interview the manager made it seem like I got the job. He said things like you will probably start after the new year with one other person. We just need you to talk with one more manager! They said they would be calling me within a week so I could speak with the second person. Again they never did.
    I called after two weeks and they said, "oh yes! Can you come in on thursday." Like they had just forgotten but still were interested which seemed very inappropriate to me.I came in for the second interview again it went great. The manager was like well everything seems great we just have to conduct a couple more interviews and we will contact you by the end of the week. AGAIN I waited two weeks with no response so I followed up and asked to speak with the manager I had the interview with. She was not available to speak so they took a message. She never got back to me and a month later I received an email saying, we could not move forward with your application at this time...It was seriously the weirdest series of events. I am glad I did not end up working for them cause they lack respect for their applicants.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in January 2017.

Interview

Open interview followed up by a one on one interview. Open interview took place within inside the mall with it being a mall store and all. From there you have a one on one with the store manager or the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through UO. They sent an online ethic questionnaire first and then scheduled a group interview one week later. The questions were easy and the whole interview was chill.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Austin, TX).

Interview

Everyone was nice. Not a long interview, very to the point. We talked about fashion and the trends going on. We talked about customer service and dealing with customers during busy times.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview consisted of two separate speed date type chats with team leads (in the same day) and a final round with senior management. At the final round we were introduced to the spirit and values of UO, the sister companies in the area like Madewell and Anthropologie.

Interview Questions

• What are your current favorite trends or what do you think is up and coming?   1 Answer