Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Providence, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

When the manager showed up, we (a group of about seven interviewees) went downstairs to the back. We sat in a circle, described our experience and background, and then answered questions from the manager. The entire process lasted about forty-five minutes to an hour. Everybody there was nice, but the group interview process was very awkward.

Interview Questions

• If you could have two celebrities as your parents, who would they be?   Answer Question
  • If you could have one celebrity's closet/wardrobe, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Got a email about a group interview days later after applying, at the interview it was only me & one other girl, the questions they asked were very easy & non stressful, ended up getting hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, when to a hiring event/ group interview, did the survey and then did the group interview. Not sure why mine seemed so out of order from the rest. Everyone was really nice, and the process wasn't over 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Whens's the last time you talked with a stranger? what was your connection?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Lynnwood, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was a group interview. It was really chill and since it was early they provided coffee. It started with finding two outfits to present and "sell". We got to go around the store and pick two ensembles so that was fun. Then the group interview started and it was just really laid back and more like a conversation. The questions were addressed to the whole group and we "popcorn" answered. Overall a really good experience. The managers made you feel comfortable and any nervousness just vanished.

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Montclair, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I went into the store to apply but they told me to apply online. After I applied online I got an email the next day for an online video interview. After I did that, in a couple of days, I received a survey in my email. Then I received an email for a group interview but it was in my junk email so they called me a week later asking me to come in for an email. So then I did the group interview with two other people and the manager asked us all to come back for another interview with his boss. Finally, I go to that interview and they called and offered me the position after a few days.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Showed up for a group interview and it ended up being a very easy 30min 1 on 1 interview with one of the managers. The manager was very laid back during the entire interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I did a video interview for UO where a question appears on the screen and you have about 30 seconds to prepare. Then it starts recording and you must answer the question. There's a total of about 7 questions but the last two are not video recorded. (Instead its a written response about work availability and if you took their opinion survey.) Personally, the experience was a little awkward because I'm not used to talking to a webcam on my laptop alone. I wasn't very good at it as I did not get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with questions about customer service and fashion. Had to do a recorded video interview prior to the in-person interview. Also had to fill out a moral/ethics survey.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my online application. Received an email a few days later about a video interview. Completed the video interview which asked about clothes and how you would handle different situations in the store. Came in for an in store interview which was very relaxed. I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One video interview and two group interviews. They usually do a one on one interview after the original group, but they were looking to hire a lot of people at the time. The video interview was a little weird because you didn't talk to a person. Questions came up and you had 30 seconds to think of your response then like two minutes to give it.

Interview Questions

• Draw a picture that represents you and describe it   1 Answer