Urban Outfitters Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.1

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online during a seasonal part of the year and received an invite for a group interview within 1 week. Basic interview questions on why you want to work here followed by a few behavior questions. Received an offer the next day.

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Took about 1.5 weeks. Applied online then 2 days later did a video interview. 4 days later i was called in for an in person interview, where they asked why UO and my availability. 3-4 days later I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One video interview and two group interviews. They usually do a one on one interview after the original group, but they were looking to hire a lot of people at the time. The video interview was a little weird because you didn't talk to a person. Questions came up and you had 30 seconds to think of your response then like two minutes to give it.

Interview Questions

• Draw a picture that represents you and describe it   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

They were moderately quick to respond to my application for the retail sales associate position and to schedule an interview. Interview was interesting. Not the typical questions were presented which I enjoyed and livened up the discussions. Manager was not super responsive so it seemed like I was overwhelming sometimes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 days to get back to me. They emailed me wanting a video interview. It was relatively easy but awkward, it's just you speaking to a webcam and you'll send it in for them to review later. Be prepared, theres no redos for the questions, once you answer or time runs out it automatically sends. A week later they got back to me with no offer, and just thanked me for applying. For the video interview, since they're finally putting a face to the resume, dress up like an employee from UO usually would. The video interview just really is them trying to get to know you more past the online resume and application. They'll ask stuff about you and see if you fit their image basically.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you received or gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • What are some of your hobbies and things you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, waited about 3 weeks for a response, called in for interview, was told to come in with what i would wear for my first day of work, went to the location and was one on one in break room, very comfortable environment and felt as if i were talking to long time friend.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Carlsbad, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted online application, called in for in-person interview, hired on spot. Very easy interview process, most likely because they needed extra help for the holidays. It gets exceptionally busy around November. The whole process was therefore very fast. I did not wait at all to hear for an offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

After submitting my application online, I received an email saying to follow up with an online video interview. It consisted of prerecorded questions and it gave me three minutes to record my answer. Two weeks later, I was emailed again asking to come in for a one-on-one interview where one of the managers met with me and interviewed me for about 25 minutes. He called me three days later and offered me a job. I started working there within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you assumed a customer was stealing?   1 Answer
    • Describe your perfect day off   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

Interview

I applied online and they called me the next day for a group interview.. The group interview was a little overwhelming because there were about 10 or so people and they were more group interviews scheduled that day... They asked questions like "Whats your style?" and "what are your passions in life?"

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Apply online, and then you fill out a resume explaining your self- your background, what makes you-you, and your previous jobs. They then send you a link to create an interview video super simple takes no more than 7mins. this same video is then sent to all the urbn stores you want to apply to, so urban- free people- anthro-terrain..
    Once they call you and say you've got the job they ask you to pass a no-brainer test about customer service, and then come in for a one on one interview in person with the manager- which is nothing, just to see if they like your personality in person. So just be super happy.

Interview Questions

• What famous person would you consider to be your role model?   Answer Question
    • What kind of social media do you use for inspiration   Answer Question
    • what is customer service to you?
      Give an example of a time you had amazimg customer service
      A bad time you had customer service   Answer Question