Urban Outfitters Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Urban Outfitters

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call for an interview I went into the store and told them I was there for an interview. I was with two other people. The manager asked us questions and we answered them one by one after that I got a call for a second interview which was similar to the first interview just with a different manager.

Interview Questions

• why would you want to work for us   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, waited about 3 weeks for a response, called in for interview, was told to come in with what i would wear for my first day of work, went to the location and was one on one in break room, very comfortable environment and felt as if i were talking to long time friend.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Group interview, super chill. There were a group of 10 we just went around answering basic questions. The managers at the end asked the people they like about availability and to go online.

The hours weren't flexible

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Short and sweet. Met with a manager and he asked me questions about my history and my personality. It was very nice of them to hire me since I had no retail experience but since it was a seasonal position I think they're more lenient about that stuff. I appreciate it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Fontana, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a good experience. You fill out the application online. Then you get an email with a link to an online interview. You must have a webcam phone or computer. There would be a question with a video example then you answer the question based on what you watched.

Interview Questions

• what are you hobbies? what are you passionate about? what inspires you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The first round of interviews is a group interview. I was contacted via phone. There were about 7 or 8 people total in the group. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes, with each individual getting a chance to answer each question. After the group interview, there is a followup interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have which would help you in this role?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2014.

Interview

I went to two urban hiring fairs in one day which were entirely different from one another. The first one was super easy, very straight forward and that is the one which I got an offer from and accepted. It was one on one and took about 10 minutes. It was for a seasonal job so they mainly wanted to know if I could be available the weekend of Black Friday. Then they asked me if I had any retail experience (I didn't) and they asked which zone I would be comfortable working in (men's/women's etc.) and they asked one fun question: what superpower would you have. And they got back to me 5 days afterward with an offer.

The second one I went to was more stressful. It was a group interview with 3 other people and the questions were more in depth. This was a longer interview (30-40 min?) and the interviewer didn't seem like she was even paying attention to us.

But overall the experiences were pretty good. Just show your uniqueness and how much you love fashion and you should be fine.
    when we were talking.

Interview Questions

• Would you ever let a friend talk you into buying them something using your employee discount?   1 Answer
    • What would your superpower be?   Answer Question
    • Who or what are your style inspirations?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I received an email to confirm to attend the interview. Interview was very easy and laid back, the managers only asked about 4 questions and it was a group interview of about 6 people. Before you confirm the interview they make you take a questionnaire survey.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a $100 Urban Outfitters gift, what would you buy with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Pasadena, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

i went in for a job fair, asked couple of questions, got a call back the next week for another group interview, after that, they said wait for about a week, got a call back with an offer

Interview Questions

• fun facts: if you were given a $100 how would you spend it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I saw that Urban was having a holiday job fair for holiday sales via their email list, so I stopped by the location closest to me to apply. The first interview consisted of a 1-on-1 interview with the men's team leader, where he asked why I wanted to work at Urban, and generally tried to get a feel for me and see if I fit the company. There was another team leader there doing interviews also, but he looked like a total douchelord, so I'm glad I didn't interview with him. I didn't see that he was giving anyone slips for the online opinion survey either. Anyway, my interviewer liked me so he gave me a slip with a code to take the opinion survey. I got home and took it right away, the questions were tricky and you had to pay attention to what was being asked overall and not to answer incorrectly. The questionnaire gives an example of the tricky questions and what is really being asked by the question. After I finished and submitted my survey, I got a call a few days later from the assistant store manager to come in for an interview on the following Friday, I agreed. When I got to the store I went to the registers to tell them I was there for an interview. The girl on registers was really friendly and directed me to where the interview was being held. When I got to the interview area I saw that there was a ton of people, probably around 15 people waiting to interview. I was worried it was going to be a group interview and it turns out it was. All 15 of us were interviewed by the store manager, where we were asked individually why we wanted to work for Urban, where we worked now and what what kind of experience we've had in customer service. Then we each were asked something random about our interests/opinions by the store manager. I'm pretty sure this was to see who was putting on a front and who really fit the company's culture. The questions were some like: "what was the last movie you saw?" "what was the last album you downloaded?" "what was the last concert you went to?" "what was the last piece of clothing you purchased from Urban?" "how do you choose your outfits?" After that the interview was done and the store manager said bye and that we'd hear back by the following Wednesday. Some people stuck around to talk to the store manager, but I just left not really feeling sure how the interview went. I waited and thought about calling to see if they had made any decisions the whole week, then by Tuesday I hadn't received a call so I figured I wasn't getting hired. Then around 4pm I got a call while I was at work, later checked the voicemail and called Urban back, got an offer for the holiday from the assistant store manager and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Urban?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The holiday pay rate wasn't negotiable. Though after holiday, if I am kept, my pay can go up considering all my experience.