Urban Science Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Science Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Science (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

There two rounds of interviews. I summited my resume online, then the recruiter reached out to me and schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was basically about my resume, talk about my projects and my previous experience, etc. The phone interview was pretty easy and the managers were really nice. After a week, they invited me to the on site interview in downtown Detroit. The on site interview took like an hour and half, and I had to interview two different groups in the development team. The onsite interview was pretty easy and they just asked basic behaviors question and some OOP concepts.

Interview Questions

• What is abstract method/abstract class/OOP/static member/static member function/public interface?
    What would you do if you had a conflict with your teammate and he/she is unwilling to communicate?
    What would you do if have a bug in your code?How long will you spend on it?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Science

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Science (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Received initial phone call from recruiter about 10 days after applying. He asked the basic questions and explained the company and the role to me. A phone interview was setup with a development manager to dive into the technical details a little deeper. That was quickly followed by a request for an in person interview.

In person interview consisted of two groups of two managers. Took about an hour an a half. Beyond basic background questions, they pretty much stuck to situational questions: Failure you learned from?, how do you handle not enough resources/tight deadline?, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you realize that your project is not on schedule?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Science in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by this company through a referral. They were very outgoing and proactive. I had many "interviews". The interviews were very casual and it felt more like a discussion than a quiz. The folks in HR were knowledgable about the workings of the company and if they weren't able to answer a question I had, they would contact me later with an answer. All in all, it was very positive in my opinion.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Urban Science in October 2011.

Interview

The person I spoke with sounded pleasant at first, but once the person got down to asking questions, the interviewer was very nit picky and asked a lot of personality questions and only one technical question. Not only did the person ask personality questions that were repetitive in nature, but the person was so unsatisfied with my answers just because I did not adequately have these specific negative personal life experience that this person was actually so bold as to suggest I was not intent on getting a job due to my answers not matching the expectation of this said interviewer. This person was very rude and I definitely would not ever work for this company if all they value is based upon whether i have these negative personal life experience and not whether I have relevant technical experience dealing with the job position. I do not think this person even knows enough technical details to even conduct the interview as this person could not even understand the extent of what I described in my project and definitely does not understand the value of working hard to achieve deadlines; rather instead belittles the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that was ambiguous.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a problem you've encountered with team members?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever missed a deadline? Have you ever had to ask for an extension?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever interviewed with anyone before?   Answer Question
    • What kind of questions have you had with past interviewers?   Answer Question