Utah Department of Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Utah Department of Human Services

DSAMH Recovery and Resiliency Peer Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Utah Department of Human Services (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

I received the offer for a phone interview about two weeks after applying. There were five people on the panel including program managers, a community partner, and the hiring manager. I heard back two weeks later for an in-person interview, which included a panel of four interviewers: two program managers, the hiring manager, and the assistant director. My references were checked immediately after the interview and I received a call with follow-up questions. Shortly thereafter, I received an informal offer by phone. Unfortunately I did not accept the offer because we did not agree on salary. Prospective applicants might need to know that salary offers could be within the lower third of the pay band and that would be considered a strong offer from this agency.

Interview Questions

• The first phone interview consisted of very general behavioral interviewing questions about a time I failed, when I met a challenge, how I would communicate with a wide variety of people (clients to administrators), and how I would manage a conflict. There was time at the end for about three brief questions.

The second interview was more specific to the role: what was my understanding of the recovery movement, what challenges did I anticipate, what were my goals for the next stage in my career and what type of impact did I want to have, and what my approach would be to building relationships. I was given ample time to ask thorough questions at the end. The entire team was warm, engaging, and friendly. The director also popped in to say hello.   Answer Question

Family Preservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Utah Department of Human Services (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by supervisor of the building. Then interviewed by a sectional supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What therory do you subscribe to?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. It was a Practicum site

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Utah Department of Human Services (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2011.

Interview

All positions must be applied for by the internet. Make sure you answer all questions stating that you are the best in everything in order to get that interview. Before the interview make sure you understand that you would be dealing with abused children.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult situation? Do you realize emotionally how difficult this job could be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.