Utah State University Interview Questions in Ogden, UT | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.7

Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT).

Interview

The process was quick. The interview was in front of a panel of current designers and scheduled through email. You will be asked to present educational artifacts you've designed and you will have to take a customer service test.

Interview Questions

• If you had could have one super power, what would you want it to be?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT).

Interview

Typical questions. Long interview process. Jobs are open for a month minimum, generally. Hiring committee for all full-time positions. Show willingness to learn and stay around long term and that really will help. Use numbers and stats where applicable. Great place to work overall, depending on department. Hiring took longer than usual due to death of department head. Advancement is a very good department to work for!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT).

Interview

- Just talked about my past experience and education, then I got accepted. It was just between me and professor. If your grades are good then it's a good indication for the professor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what programming languages you know and your experience in software development   Answer Question

Computer Lab Technician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT).

Interview

I went in it was a one on one interview. The questions they asked where pretty easy to answer. The interview was really nice and friendly. Explained what the duties included and what would be required of me.

Business Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job online. Called for a face to face interview. Interviewed by a panel of 8. Each panel member asked a couple of questions. Still waiting to eat back.

Research Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

call on phone, then they verified references. They mainly were just looking for someone to take over for someone as they graduated college. I was that man. I pretty much just look over bacteria that they have growing as well as help the master and phd students with their projects and things.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

Between the advisor and the student, very friendly environment (although this will highly depend who the student is going to be working with). We discussed my proposed research topic, and my advisor liked it a lot. She told me on spot that we will start working as soon as I got back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this research topic?
      Why did you choose this field?
      What is your desired outcome from this research?
      How well do you work in a team?
      Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

They have been asking mainly regular question. Just like introduction, tell us about yourself, 3 major strengths, 3 greatest weaknesses. They have also asked if i know about the FERPA form, which is basically confidentially regulations. I got the reply in about 2 weeks. I believe they do not do any background checks. you get the payments every two weeks.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

I have approached the professor. He asked me few questions related to the position. I have approached a data science professor. He asked me what motivates me to do research? Where do you see yourself in next 5 year? And informed the result next day!

Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Utah State University (Logan, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Online skype interview for half an hour. The interview was taken by the Professor, who was giving fund. He asked some questions from his paper. The interview was for half an hour and at the end of the interview he also allowed me to ask him questions. I aksed him about the lab and his future research goal. I also asked him how he was enjoying his new job, as he was newly recruited as an Assistant Professor at Utah State University. Before the interview, I went through some of his papers. So I prepared some questions and I asked him about them. He passionately answered my questions. Over all it was a good experience and I learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in graduate study? Do you have any experience of research? Have you gone through my papers? Did you find anything interesting? Why do you want to come to Utah State University? Have you applied to any other schools? Do you know about the culture of the United States? Do you want to continue for a PhD?   Answer Question