VALIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VALIC Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VALIC (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Three part. Contacted by recruiter, had two phone interviews, and a final in person management interview. Final decision on employment made by regional manager based upon phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Past employment, marketing experience, qualifications, and production.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VALIC (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line. Received call for screening interview. Call was a 45 minute sales pitch on why I should come to work for them. Was told I would be contacted the next day to meet the regional manager. Never heard from them again. Unprofessional company with no respect for others time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VALIC.

Interview

Phone interview consisted of Resume breakdown along with character and personality questions. Face to face interview took place with future manager who asked situational questions in the workplace along with questions about the company. After conducting the interview process, background check and drug testing followed. Once passing both tests and offer was received with a given time period to accept or decline the offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VALIC.

Interview

Face to face interview to review industry experience, sales potential, and communication skills. Get your thoughts on working evenings and ability to travel. Usually very casual, maybe even lunch or dinner just to get a feel for you as a person and communicator.

Interview Questions

• Which licenses do you currently hold and do you have a clean U4?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VALIC (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, found the posting on Indeed.com and was directed to AIG's website to apply. 4 business days later, the Financial Advisor contacted me through email to set up an interview. Went on interview on a Tuesday, got an email notification about the pre-employment process the following day. I didn't get confirmation of the offer until the following week after sending a thank you/follow up email. Apparently they thought the home office would notify me.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VALIC.

Interview

Interview process took about 2 weeks and consisted of a phone interview with regional recruiter, which was very informative in regards to the position. Second interview with DM was standard review/ walk through of resume, and simple questions. I was told that the recruiter was going to call me within the week to schedule the final interview with RVP, fortunately she called to offer the position!

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over an advisor with more experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate to no prevail. Was offered a "set" training allowance.

District Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VALIC (Jackson, MS) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy, simple average questions. Meet with Regional Director then the District Manager. Basic questions about your abilities and shown the systems used by the company. Given Basic job requirements ( there were many more not disclosed), explanation of benefits. Two in office interviews followed by the hiring decision, paperwork to complete for background check and scheduled drug test. Received job offer within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you use Microsoft Excel   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VALIC (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

First is phone interview with company recruiter. Second is interview in person or by phone with district manager. Third interview in person is with regional vice president or manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much unless you are bring a book of business from another firm. Income is commission only after 90-180 days on job.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VALIC.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in-person interview. Basically just asked to discuss professional experience and background. It took a couple weeks to line up a phone interview, then several weeks to have a one-on-one interview scheduled, and a month or so before any further decision.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty much conversational and as expected   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VALIC.

Interview

Applied online on a weekend. Called on following Monday by HR for phone screening - took about 10 minutes. Called by HR a day later to set up a phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Called by HR a couple of days later to set up on site interview. I traveled 210 miles for the interview and was not offered any reimbursement for travel or hotel. Interview was with two different groups (3 people in each group). Entire time spent was 3 hours. I felt it went well, as I easily answered all of their questions. No question was difficult or awkward. I was told I would hear back soon. I received a call from HR a few days later to set up an additional phone interview with a different manager. Had phone interview next day and then never heard back from Valic at all. It's been over six weeks now.

Interview Questions

• All standard interview questions. Nothing extremely technical regarding the job they were seeking to fill. Mostly situational questions (e.g., how do you handle stress?).   Answer Question