VALIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VALIC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.2

Tbd Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VALIC.

Interview

The interview process was horrible and humiliating. Senior Management was definitely the worst in that their COO or CFO definitely was not a lady and was completely insulting. In fact she was rude the entire process from interrupting those already doing the interview to repeatedly interrupting me while answering questions she may had. Additionally, I hope she never finds herself on the end of needing help in her life because karma definitely will be equally as humiliating to her. A dog would have been treated better than I was and my interview actually did not follow any of the schedule for the meeting which is fine but very unorganized and lacking the essence of what they were seeking from someone to step into that role, professionalism and tact. I guess the experience clients complain about is simply the culture.

Interview Questions

• It is nice you have networks, but that does not help with this position.   Answer Question

Inside Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VALIC (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone and one on one interview with a recruiter. The one on one interview with the recruiter was very general. The typical questions such as "Tell me about yourself" "what are your strengths and weaknesses" etc. I was supposed to have an interview with the manager that same day, however he was busy. First red flag. I was told I will receive a call to come back for a second interview. I waited a week and a half and heard nothing. I email the recruiter twice, however, did not hear back. I waited another week and then I decided to call to see what was going on. The recruiter, sound extremely happy to hear from me and told me she will definitely call me back to set an interview. However, she never did. I decided to stop trying because if someone can't even get back to me about setting up a second interview, is this really a company I want to work for. It was a very weird situation since I was told I would receive a second interview, but had to jump through hoops trying to confirm it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VALIC (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Three part. Contacted by recruiter, had two phone interviews, and a final in person management interview. Final decision on employment made by regional manager based upon phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Past employment, marketing experience, qualifications, and production.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VALIC (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line. Received call for screening interview. Call was a 45 minute sales pitch on why I should come to work for them. Was told I would be contacted the next day to meet the regional manager. Never heard from them again. Unprofessional company with no respect for others time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VALIC.

Interview

Phone interview consisted of Resume breakdown along with character and personality questions. Face to face interview took place with future manager who asked situational questions in the workplace along with questions about the company. After conducting the interview process, background check and drug testing followed. Once passing both tests and offer was received with a given time period to accept or decline the offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VALIC.

Interview

Face to face interview to review industry experience, sales potential, and communication skills. Get your thoughts on working evenings and ability to travel. Usually very casual, maybe even lunch or dinner just to get a feel for you as a person and communicator.

Interview Questions

• Which licenses do you currently hold and do you have a clean U4?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VALIC (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I came, I saw, I conquered. Just kidding. It was a standard interview process. I spoke with the recruiter first to assess my candidacy. Then I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager & 1-2 more people. Then I went to the office to have an in-person meeting with the hiring manager & 1-2 more people and also one department director.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VALIC (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, found the posting on Indeed.com and was directed to AIG's website to apply. 4 business days later, the Financial Advisor contacted me through email to set up an interview. Went on interview on a Tuesday, got an email notification about the pre-employment process the following day. I didn't get confirmation of the offer until the following week after sending a thank you/follow up email. Apparently they thought the home office would notify me.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VALIC in February 2015.

Interview

great interview process that really focuses on the relationship between junior and senior advisers and whether or not there is a mutual fit. They genuinely care about you being successful as it leads to overall success for the team.

Interview Questions

• What is something you look for when you are apart of a team?   Answer Question

District Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VALIC (Jackson, MS) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy, simple average questions. Meet with Regional Director then the District Manager. Basic questions about your abilities and shown the systems used by the company. Given Basic job requirements ( there were many more not disclosed), explanation of benefits. Two in office interviews followed by the hiring decision, paperwork to complete for background check and scheduled drug test. Received job offer within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you use Microsoft Excel   1 Answer