VITAS Healthcare RN, Primary Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VITAS Healthcare RN, Primary Nurse Interview Questions

1.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Online application - time consuming, interview process is straight forward and quick. Good place to work for the elderly, pay is below average for RN with experience. Health Benefits- are lacking it is basically a catastrophic plan $5,000 deductible. Staff are very dedicated, paper work is a handful, new pharmacy is not working out for patients...

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with hospice or palliative care?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for VITAS Healthcare

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I initially applied online then I received an email informing me of an upcoming job fair day. I attended the job fair. There were approximately 30 or so applicants. We were given a brief application form to fill out. There were several interviewers who called in the applicants. I was close to the last of the applicants. The session was brief, to the point questions. I was offered the position at this interview and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the dying process? Have you worked hospice before, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, or I should say I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Vienna, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with Director of Nursing. 1:1 interview with DON 1st interview, very pleasant. Seemed interested and positive. 2nd interview with General Manager 1:1, very unprofessional. Just dug for dirt on current employer, not friendly at all. Was interviewing for 2 very different positions even though clearly stated that I was interested in one specific position.

Interview Questions

• What don't you like about your current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

My interviewer focused on applicant ability and comfort with end of life care, didn't really detail other job duties. Nursing skills were not discussed, perhaps because I had a recent hospital staffing background.

Interview Questions

• Are you agreeable with medicating dying patients to keep them comfortable?   1 Answer

RN, Primary Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Maitland, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Recruited by former co-worker.
    Completed formal online application and paper application as a formality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered the salary I requested. Was at top of pay scale for position.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VITAS Healthcare (Tampa, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview asked a lot of questions about comfort of terminally ill clients.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negogiation