VIVA Creative Senior Creative Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at VIVA Creative

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Creative Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at VIVA Creative (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

The Process in a Nutshell: Like having my fingernails pulled off slowly, one by one, by the most inept, callous and self-absorbed team of senior managers that ever floated, in foamy acridness, on top of a septic pool.

The process started out harmlessly enough. But following the early stage (outreach from agency principal, initial phone interviews with two senior leaders) Viva revealed themselves to be the illicit lovechild of the Marquis de Sade and the Keystone Kops. Three separate times they scheduled Skype follow-up interviews. The first two times they cancelled, not at the last minute but after the scheduled start time. And they rescheduled not several days out, but several weeks. (Time management is clearly not a strength for these characters.)

Then they achieved a new low with the third interview occasion. As in my two prior instances, I signed in to my Skype account and waited. And waited. But no one from Viva showed up for the meeting. Only this time they didn't even seem to realize, or care, that they had pulled yet another no-show. No one reached out, either to apologize or to reschedule. At that point I decided to wash my hands of the crew at Viva and walk quietly away.

But the leadership team at Viva would seem to enjoy causing pain and stress for job candidates and they apparently weren't done with me. Several months later I was called by a young woman who told me she had been hired to clean up the debacle that was Viva recruiting. She apologized for the way I had been mistreated. I was assured of a new and improved interview experience and was told they still wanted to work something out with me. I took her on her word and her plucky, if somewhat wet-behind-the-years, tone and manner.

Boy do I regret doing that. Because a week later, they were back to their old, evil, disingenuous ways. Three or four phone calls over the next 2 months with the recruiting "specialist" were ended with a promise to "do X by Y day" and each time they didn't keep their word.

Finally, week, I wrote a polite but firm note saying it was unequivocally time to fish or cut bait. (My interaction with Viva had begun almost seven months ago at this point. ) They wrote back and informed me that "at this time we are going to be moving forward with different candidates." My initial reaction was: "Let's all say a prayer for those wretched candidates who remain in nuthouse that is the Viva Creative interview process.

Bottom Line: If you are a talented, self-respecting professional who wants to work people who have integrity and decency, for a company you can be proud of, stay as far away from Viva as you can. They are the most dysfunctional cabal of incompetent clods I have ever had the misfortune of encountering.

One More Thing: Employee reviews of Viva senior management reveal that they are as toxic and inept in their internal dealings as they are with outside job candidates like me. I also noticed that, in response to the growing mountain of negative employee reviews, Viva management started responding to the employee criticism with professions of contrition and determination to fix things. Which sounds like the same line of empty, insincere BS I was fed.

So if you see Viva management responding in public to this review with a serious of "mea culpas", vows to change, claims to "love our people" and similar insincere dreck, DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD OF IT.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in an exiting opportunity at a great company?   1 Answer