VMC Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

What a waste of time. You can learn a lot about a company by the way they interview and I certainly got my fill from VMC.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter but already had a job. The recruiter and the person I would have been reporting to both spoke to me over the phone and convinced me to come in. They spoke about high pay, great visibility, excellent opportunity to grow my skills, yadda yadda. In total I had 7 separate interviews. SEVEN! Each requiring time off and a drive in. I exchanged 65 emails with them, drove a total of 500 miles round trip, delivered presentations, white papers, blog articles, and copies of press interviews. Every one of them loved me. I got nothing but accolades during each round. The interview with the COO went great and then..... nothing. For 5 weeks I didn't hear a thing. And when they finally responded it was to ask if I'd take $25,000 LESS than we'd discussed. (Salary conversations came up and were confirmed four different times). I told them that would make things very difficult and have never heard back.

WTF, VMC? You guys came to me! And then completely disappear. It's the height of disrespect. If this is how they treat people in the beginning I can only imagine what it's like after you're on the payroll. Your barriers chase away all the top talent and ultimately create competition in people who know they can do it better elsewhere. That's where I'll be. With someone else taking business from you.

Interview Questions

• Who is your biggest critic?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

group discussion based on your personality, previous job experiences, general discussion about academics, how well do you relate to this job, was a nice general conversation, varied situational questions, and then the written 1 hr exam

Interview Questions