VMC Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SharePoint Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Fargo, ND).

Interview

I am currently working on getting hired with VMC. I was interviewed for a Sharepoint position which I have never dealt with before. I know that the questions for a new technician the questions were extremely difficult but don't stress over this. They also also you some questions about customer support.

Interview Questions

• One of the weirdest questions out of the interview was that "have you ever done anything unethical?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

Very extensive and also very drawn out.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Fargo, ND) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring process at the time of the interview consisted of evaluating the placement on 2 separate teams and involved representatives from both teams for the assessment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

\

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

group discussion based on your personality, previous job experiences, general discussion about academics, how well do you relate to this job, was a nice general conversation, varied situational questions, and then the written 1 hr exam

Network Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interviewers were already very knowledgable about the client's needs, so they knew exactly what to look for in a consultant. The phone screen was brief, and I was rushed into a face to face interview. The interview was quick, and to the point, but friendly. The entire team was present to answer all my own questions about VMC as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions about my experiences, as pertained top the current client's needs.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and then an in person interview. Recruiter then put me in touch with the hiring manager for a face to face interview. Hiring manager then included a panel, was informal and friendly but still a bit intimidating. The panel included the team that I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? what can you bring to VMC? What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Senior QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA).

Interview

A series of questions regarding past employment and highest level of education. Followed by questions regarding the role and everyday duties. There were several questions regarding the QA process that are asked. Lastly, some questions regarding personal interests, hobbies, and commute.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with black box testing?   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Fargo, ND) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviews were a breeze, multiple managers single interview some technical questions, nothing that can really be applied to all interviews as each team supports a different product, There are some customer service questions that are in depth.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions they had revolved around technical content, this can vary.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are offered a job at a standard rate.

XADM Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Fargo, ND) in June 2011.

Interview

As they work directly with Microsoft, the interviews are pretty tough. They want to make sure you know the basics or more of IT support. Basics in Networking, AD, IIS, Exchange or SharePoint (depending on the job you're going for).

Interviews last about 30 minutes each. There's usually two. A manager interview and a technical one.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: Common TCP/UDP Ports   1 Answer

Incident Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard. I was culled by a recruiter, who asked a few questions, reviewed my resume, and then sent me on to the client for an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you leverage your influence over others to get things done?   1 Answer

Negotiation

pretty straight forward. The hourly rate was made available at the time I applied, and I prettyu much accepted the ofer.