VMC Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Manager had no clue what he was asking or talking about...

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Las Cruces, NM) in May 2014.

Interview

Very basic generic questions; they are not really looking for anything in particular, they have very low expectations. Basically if you apply and pass the quiz (which you can google the answers) you're guaranteed to get past the interview and into proceed to training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? ; Why should we hire you? ; Do you have any call center experience?   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted a day after I submitted my application package. I went in for the interview and then was notified about my status the day after. The interview was 1:1 and it was relatively easy. Also, my language skill was tested.

Interview Questions

• What games have you played?   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Basically you are given a video of a bugged filled game and you must point out the issues. You write you report in a word document then submit that report to the email address you will be provided.

Game Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMC Consulting in December 2009.

Interview

First the application was sent online. There was an automated e-mail response that asked to fill out a list of screening questions in an Excel document. After filling out the document, it was then sent back to the employer. The next day the employer called, made a few comments on the screening, and then asked which method of commuting would be used. After responding, an orientation was scheduled. At the orientation, the employer discussed the rules of the company and then explained other relevant topics.

Interview Questions

• You are given a 60-hour project in a 40-hour work week. What do you do?   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

What a waste of time. You can learn a lot about a company by the way they interview and I certainly got my fill from VMC.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter but already had a job. The recruiter and the person I would have been reporting to both spoke to me over the phone and convinced me to come in. They spoke about high pay, great visibility, excellent opportunity to grow my skills, yadda yadda. In total I had 7 separate interviews. SEVEN! Each requiring time off and a drive in. I exchanged 65 emails with them, drove a total of 500 miles round trip, delivered presentations, white papers, blog articles, and copies of press interviews. Every one of them loved me. I got nothing but accolades during each round. The interview with the COO went great and then..... nothing. For 5 weeks I didn't hear a thing. And when they finally responded it was to ask if I'd take $25,000 LESS than we'd discussed. (Salary conversations came up and were confirmed four different times). I told them that would make things very difficult and have never heard back.

WTF, VMC? You guys came to me! And then completely disappear. It's the height of disrespect. If this is how they treat people in the beginning I can only imagine what it's like after you're on the payroll. Your barriers chase away all the top talent and ultimately create competition in people who know they can do it better elsewhere. That's where I'll be. With someone else taking business from you.

Interview Questions

• Who is your biggest critic?   1 Answer

Assistant Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

I went to the company and they let me attend aptitude test and than skill test which had small c programming skill check and than they called me for personal interview. They asked me some questions related to programming and logical skills. then they conformed my employment .

Interview Questions

• There was a secret party where all the guest got to tell the password to enter. A Person who was not invited started observing for the password.
      A person knock the door and a sound came "six" the person replied "three" and let in. Other person knocked the door a sound came "twelve" person replied "Six" and let in. than the person who was observing knocked the door a sound came "ten" the man replied "five" still he was not in. What he must have told to get in.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Redmond, WA) in June 2009.

Interview

Resume Submission with 3 interviews

Negotiation

Stipulated amount was accepted

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMC Consulting.

Interview

I was interviewed by only 2 individuals, although neither of those folks are with the company anymore. I was brought in after they had gone through a lengthy search and had chosen a candidate that flaked out at the last minute so they were not in the mood for another extended search.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate this salary. Those that I worked for are no longer there, so my advice would be stale.

Tier One IOS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMC Consulting (Las Cruces, NM) in April 2014.

Interview

Introductory testing to judge computer literacy, then a 1:1 sit down interview where questions about customer focus and customer satisfaction were asked. Also questions about how you interact with a wide variety of clients and issues presented.

Interview Questions

• What are your primary goals working for the company?   1 Answer