VML Associate Art Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VML Associate Art Director Interview Questions

Interviews at VML

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at VML (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

The interview process lasted a few hours as I was interviewing with multiple teams for multiple positions. I was told a lot about the culture of the company, projects each team works on, and was told in detail my responsibilities if I did end up joining the VML team. I walked each interviewer through my portfolio book. Some took a long time to look at each project. Others flipped through quickly and wanted to know more about my previous work experience and commitment to VML. As far as turnaround after the interview I had a job offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions

• What is one project that should not be in my portfolio and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VML

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VML (Kansas City, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very professional, HR emailed me schedules weeks before the actual interview actually took place.

I interviewed with HR first, which was just standard benifit info along with general overview of the company.

Next I interviewed with the Creative Director on the account I was applying for- Looked at my book, then we looked at his.

Next I interviewed with both ECDs and they were less concerned about my book, and more concerned with my person and who I was.

Over all very proffessional.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion what are the pros and cons to online marketing as well as traditional print.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lots of back and fourth emailing and voicemails with head HR I asked for a higher salary right off the back and received one. process took about 2-3 weeks total.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at VML (Kansas City, MO) in June 2008.

Interview

Very comfortable. I was brought in, sat in a quite meeting room, there I met the interviewers who all made me feel welcome and seemed grateful that I was there. When discussing the means for my being there questions where asked and answered on both parts. I have never interviewed with more than one person, and on this interview there where three, and it never seemed like there was an overpowering feeling in that room. I can say that the VML interview was the best, most fun, and professional interview i have ever held. And I have had a few.

Interview Questions

• Past work experience, involving web or any interactive media/design related problems.   1 Answer
    • The question was: What is your knowledge of Advertising...?   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer was made from VML, verbally as well as written. Since I was right out of school the offer was very high for my profession so negotiations where non existent.