VMware Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Had short 10-15m phone screen, interview the next day with manager, team member and Associate on cross functional team. Lots of construction going on. Huuuge campus, wear comfortable shoes, and get there early, parking may be problematic, and no public transportation there YET, but I hear they're working on it. Generally hiring everyone as contractors for 1 YEAR- not direct hire, even if you know someone, seems to be where public tech co's are going. Interiors are very barebones, no frills. Cafeteria has good food though a bit pricey. Lots of changes going on as they keep buying companies, so everything's in constant flux. People seemed chill and nice, very personable, dress code was casual so dress one level above. Lots of hiring going on, but delays in decision making process bc HR process not very streamlined. another round of interviews awaits me.

Interview Questions

• What would your ideal manager be like? What would you need to do your best?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

I was brought over by a colleague who I'd worked with previously.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe in detail how I'd create a sales forecast and budget for a new product line.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

First the HR called to check if I was interested, then fixed a telephonic interview with the TL.
    Next was the face to face interview which consisted of 4 rounds- 1 with the TL, another was with the TL of another team, 2 others with the team members.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing as such, the questions were mostly generic, related to previous work and job applying for   Answer Question

Negotiation

30% hike is wot I negotiated, and they accepted without any hesitation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

Its very good, first step - any of team member will take interview(technical).
    2nd step - Supervisor round - technical and salary related.
    3rd setp - Manager round - general interview and salary discussion.
    4th - HR round for salary discussion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary + stock option were offered.