VMware Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through referral and interviewed with VmWare. I was called in for a F2F interview to meet with the team, know more about the role and assess how my experience aligned with their expectations. The interview was conversational and went well.
In the next few days, one of the interviewers (a man) messages me (a woman) on social media messenger app to start a series of conversations, followed by messaging me at 1 am in the night to which I did not reply. I chose not to answer to any of his conversations but lost my interest in the position and the company as I found this to be very alarming and unprofessional of any interviewer behaving in this manner.
In addition to this, they took around 3 weeks to tell me that I wasn't a good fit and they are moving ahead with another candidate.

NOTE: Please respect the interview candidate whose interview experience greatly affects how he/she perceives your company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Do you have experience in statistical modeling? 3 things you are looking for in your next job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Had short 10-15m phone screen, interview the next day with manager, team member and Associate on cross functional team. Lots of construction going on. Huuuge campus, wear comfortable shoes, and get there early, parking may be problematic, and no public transportation there YET, but I hear they're working on it. Generally hiring everyone as contractors for 1 YEAR- not direct hire, even if you know someone, seems to be where public tech co's are going. Interiors are very barebones, no frills. Cafeteria has good food though a bit pricey. Lots of changes going on as they keep buying companies, so everything's in constant flux. People seemed chill and nice, very personable, dress code was casual so dress one level above. Lots of hiring going on, but delays in decision making process bc HR process not very streamlined. another round of interviews awaits me.

Interview Questions

• What would your ideal manager be like? What would you need to do your best?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

I was brought over by a colleague who I'd worked with previously.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe in detail how I'd create a sales forecast and budget for a new product line.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very comfortable there were not much questions VMware HA , DRS how does it works and some basic networking stuff there were two rounds and manager asked me few questions

Interview Questions

• The asked about VMware technology and how does it work basic stuff
      VMware HA , DRS how does it works
      basic networking stuff   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

First the HR called to check if I was interested, then fixed a telephonic interview with the TL.
    Next was the face to face interview which consisted of 4 rounds- 1 with the TL, another was with the TL of another team, 2 others with the team members.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing as such, the questions were mostly generic, related to previous work and job applying for   Answer Question

Negotiation

30% hike is wot I negotiated, and they accepted without any hesitation.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

Its very good, first step - any of team member will take interview(technical).
    2nd step - Supervisor round - technical and salary related.
    3rd setp - Manager round - general interview and salary discussion.
    4th - HR round for salary discussion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary + stock option were offered.