VMware Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at VMware

2.5

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Reston, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

HR call, Skype Interview, Phone interview. That's it.

Not too many technical questions. The company wants to hire qualified as well as great people.

Just be yourself and make an impression. Of course it is vital to answer questions eloquently and demonstrate your competence as a candidate. That is a given, but beyond that you need to be remembered to be considered for any position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the realm of your responsibilities.   1 Answer
  • Complete this sentence with one word. As a consultant, my job is to ______   2 Answers
  • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in March 2018.

Interview

HR call, senior consultant phone interview 1, senior consultant phone interview 2, and then video call by hiring manager. The HR call was to talk about the position (not actually an "interview"). The remaining three interviews questioned your personality and character. They want to hire really good people who will fit into the company culture. Definitely do your research on EPIC2 values and impress them with that. They are a great company looking for great people - be yourself and always be honest. They asked me if I was ready to lead a team, and I answered no, but the interviewer appreciated me for being honest.

Interview Questions

• Subnet, modem, router, active directory/DNS, switches   Answer Question
    • Best and worst team experience   Answer Question
    • What are the EPIC2 values? Which one resonates best with you?   Answer Question
    • What does VMware do? Why do you want to work here? Why are you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Career goals and how you expect to achieve them   Answer Question
    • Have you done your absolute best at school? What is something you wish your university would have offered if you could go back in time?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • Most important thing/quality about a consultant? Why do you want to be a consultant?   Answer Question
    • Why do you like technology?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

I have just finished a phone interview, the HR is from Beijing. They will use a software called Zoom to process the interview, it is recommend you to first get familiar with the software.