VMware Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Airwatch Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Really nice people/interviews, definitely came out learning more than i expected, there was a lot of back and forth discussion which was refreshing from other interviews

they care a lot about you being a fit

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted an application and resume online. Got called back from a recruiter, asking for a time for Phone screen. When through the phone screen with very few actual technical questions. Went on site for in person interviews. Got a variety what if scenarios and logic puzzles, all with technical overtones. took a week to hear back that I was great but they didnt think that I would be happy in that particular position and recommended me for 3 others. I had accepted another offer at that point so i declined to move forward.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get most of your tech news?   Answer Question
    • A system with parts XYZ isn't work correctly and you have the end user on the phone, not able to conduct sales. How do you fix it?   Answer Question
    • Your sales partner tells a blatant lie to a customer, saying system XYZ can do ABC, when it can't. How do you respond?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a phone call after talking with one of the engineers from Vmware after talking with the engineer from (I remember he was my school alumni probably a senior engineer) career fair from the college of computing held on January.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied via my School's Recruitment website, Interviewed on Campus with one of the current product managers, Interviewed on site with my future manager and another team member. Was told I had the position before the week's end. Received the actual offer letter 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Sell me an app on your phone. Create a new feature for SnapChat and sell me on why it could be important   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Had a couple of on-campus interview rounds. After clearing those I was contacted by 2 teams and each of them had phone interviews with me. Got the offer after a month.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was somewhat disorganized, as the recruiters often sent emails to the candidates and spelled their first and last names incorrectly. Among the three technical interviewers, two acted rude and unprofessional, which killed my desire, on the spot, to ever intern at this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe and write out a fast C implementation of a least-recently-used (LRU) cache.   1 Answer

Senior Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Coding test had straight forward questions, done online. One-One interviews covered everything from HR, Processes to technical questions. Followed the one interviewer at a time policy for the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Approach towards automation and Test framework development   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a couple of conversations with the VMware recruiters. Then had first interview with hiring manager. It was a phone interview. I then had several phone interviews with other AEs and SEs on the team. Last, had face to face with SE I'd be working with. All interviews were very thorough and I was asked for detailed understand of the products I'd be selling.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a sales campaign and how I showed value to the customer.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

There were multiple interviews, one over the phone, then 3 in person in one day. I spoke with my direct supervisor, another manager of a similar group, and the technical lead of the section. During the second interview, they asked me to perform a sales pitch for their product.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation that you have had to convey a complex subject to a prospect in a sensitive situation. What happened, What would you have done differently?   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Three layers of Interview, which included HR Phone Call + 3 Managers + Director. Took one month for the process to be completed. Presentation required but was not asked on my case.

Interview Questions

• Review of my achievements and how those can positively impact t VMWare business   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR wanted to offer less than what I have expected. Negotiations is possible and they require to show your W2 forms and pay-stubs showing the current salary.