VMware Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

VMware Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Dec 17, 2016

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with the recruiter, with whom I talked about my research experience and expectations from the internship. Then, I had another phone interview with the manager, who briefed my over what the interview would be like and the kind of questions I can expect. I was also asked about the classes I am taking in college. Finally, I had a technical interview with the project leader.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was so excited about the offer, I forgot to negotiate. :(

Workplace Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Acquaintance referred me, received notification that they received my application, received email stating that I was not considered, received email asking for interview, response two weeks later with time of phone interview, received another email asking to post pone interview, phone interview was not with VMware, thanked for phone interview, followed up 2 weeks later and received response that they were still interviewing. Two months later and still no response

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your personal life   2 Answers
    • Why do you like Austin?   1 Answer
    • Tell me what you don't like about your career field   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screen, Coffee Call, presentation, interview.

Seems like a lot but it all goes by pretty smoothly.

The coffee call: comes with pretty clear expectations and help. They just want to see your skills.

presentation: You just present on a vmware product. do your research and practice it and you will be fine.

interview: basic questions to get to know you.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

All day, multiple phases, but felt like it could end abruptly after each phase. Talked with an assortment of managers, and also a couple of senior engineers. I sat for 3 morning interviews, was taken to lunch (not sure if this is normal), and then sat for 3 afternoon interviews. Each interview was different. One person gave me a written programming test, another did a thought experiment, another asked me to whiteboard the solution to a programming challenge, another asked me to diagram the internals of an application framework.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe the internal mechanism involved in the Ruby implementation of enumerables. This seemed to be an off-the-cuff question, flowing from a discussion of various languages, and their strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very smooth and fast. There were 2 rounds. Both were with the persons of the team in which I was going to work.It lasted for 30045 minutes each. It was mostly conversational with follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my experience working in analytics, weaknesses, strengths.   Answer Question

Business Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted based on my work experience. It was more of a informative interview where the role was discussed with me over phone by the hiring manager. It was to be a contract position where if I was successful there is a possibility of being hired on with VMware. I was then sent info I would need to do a mock sales call over the phone. The info they sent was ok but still very vague. The feedback they gave was that I was trying hard sell the customer. I was wondering if they heard a different call than mine. I thought I at the very least "tried" to ask the right questions. The whole process was just for us to transfer the customer to another rep whom i guess was the more knowledgable person who's job it was to close customer. Yet I was asked about pricing and policy. Anyway my point is that the feedback I received did not seem to match that of the actual call. I am left wondering what they really were after.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was normal, 1 phone interview and 1 1x1 with a presentation about one of their products, like a slide show. Knowledge about the company what they do and talk a bit about what you understood about 1 of their products.
    Normal question on a interview
    It can take up to 2 week to get all the paper done by the agency.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Three interviews, First was a typical meet and greet phone interview. The second interview was a sales simulation interview over the phone which they provide information. The final interview was a sales presentation on a VMware product in front of 3 sales managers. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• The obvious which is why you want to work there and way you think you qualify.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation phase. Take it or leave it.

GTPO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy, in my case. I spoke with the recruiter and she asked me a series of questions to test my competency in communication. Then I met with my Director to discuss the project.

Interview Questions

• Information about the company, past experiences, past work   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX).

Interview

6 month process - talked to multiple people I had to keep calling back because req was on/off hold
    The were much nicer during the courtship than once I got hired