VMware Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

It was an awesome experience that truly tested my ability to answer multiple questions from multiple people in a short period of time

Interview Questions

• Did you ever go sky diving and if not why and if so why   1 Answer

Negotiation

SImple and straigth forward

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview process was typical with multiple phone interviews and then in person interviews with stakeholders. Palo Alto campus is very nice and company is growing. The pay is very good with alot of RSUs available and benefits appear to be very good also. Company is young so alot of people are inexperienced and not as seasoned as they should be. Processes and systems need to grow with the company too.

Interview Questions

• What was your role within your group and what were your responsibilities?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at VMware in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was for m&a IT Business Analyst Position. The first round was with the IT solution manager & the final round was with IT Senior Manager over Skype. I got selected after final round and got the offer

Interview Questions

• Describe your roles in the various phases of the SDLC life cycles in your previous projects?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Interview

Flight to houston, talk to the team member, manager and director. Go out for lunch. Have right vince be back soon but vince but but now new so vans xiao by back vince Xbox back

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (New York, NY).

Interview

I had about four interviews, they really want to know the people between the process.

But the hiring process is quite slow, it took 6 weeks or something since my last interview, so, get prepare.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrigaline (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VMware (Carrigaline (Ireland)) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with my direct manager only but other people have had longer interview processes including web video conference if their manager is not in the same location. The interview was fairly technical, asking me questions to prove skills I had stated on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Most were just technical how would you handle this sort of error or issue questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little but the job market is tight so I did not push too hard.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

1:1 interview with the business analyst manager and then a video conference meeting with the Sr.Manager.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Mangalore (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was role focused and organisation fit focused rather than a memory dump. The interviewers were able to judge candidate ROI by asking questions which were requirement concentric rather than stretching an interview with questions that really don't matter. The interviewers were really friendly and displayed company culture of work life balance throughout the process. A good experience compared to other companies.

Interview Questions

• SDLC life cycle and every aspect of requirements gathering , types of testing and stakeholder management. The questions were more around the resume and based on experience in the resume rather than out of the blue ones.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Once you are selected for Vmware , they make a very generous offer that there would be no need to negotiate. The work culture is on par with google. The people in the organisation are talented and very humble. The company has a start up culture where every employee is treated like a family. Overall an amazing place to work for hands down.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was for 3 rounds. Questions were asked based on the work experience and relevant position. First round of interview was taken by a panel of managers and followed by a one on one session with a senior manager.
    Later there was a call with the business head in Australia.

Interview Questions

• What was the 1 challenge you faced in current job   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I got through an employee referral and it just one round of technical interview in which I got some 10 SQL questions and some 10 tableau questions which I could solve within 15 minutes. Then it was followed by a 1:1 discussion with the hiring manager and it prolonged on to about 1 more hour in which he tried to assess my skills and my cultural fit abilities too.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too tough which one cannot answer if you have been working for more then 2 years.   1 Answer