VMware Interview Questions in Cork | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.1

Candidate Development Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

First stage - phone screen. All other stages - interviews with senior recruiters from multiple locations (done by phone). Most of interviewers are friendly and asking specific competency based questions (e.g.sources for finding new candidates). Last stage - personal interview in the office. The process might take too long, be ready for that.

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very intense, you can expect some complex questions based on technical scenarios and a "what would you do next?" question set in order to gauge your troubleshooting skills and methodology. Also as its a customer facing role expect plenty of softskill questions too, such as how to deal with irrate customers and how best to deliver bad news.

Interview Questions

• Two computers on a network can't share files with each other, list the steps you'd take to resolve this issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone call to arrange time and date of interview. Interview within a week arranged.
    Interview on Skype, 90 minutes with two people.
    One covered open-ended questions on personality (give an example of where a project went right and where it went wrong for you, give me an example where you had to make a difficult decision and what happened that you could have done differently.), one on networks (DNS, client and servers, subnets)

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything you know about IPv6
      Tell me about VMs.
      What do you know about our company.
      What are you interested in about our company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied via University, received opportunity to interview with one of the financial teams through the University which has contact with VMware's University Relations Team. Questions were straight forward, friendly people, appeared to be a nice working environment with everyone appearing to know each other/be friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and talk me through your CV. I just explained my current degree and then led on to past degree and recent employment.   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in August 2015.

Interview

2 calls in total...no hard questions...or stupid questions. mainly just work related and system/applications related. Nothing really out of extraordinary. It was not Google Type of Interview. I think they just liked me and were looking for people who could learn and adapt and working with minimal supervision.

Interview Questions

• What made you come to Ireland?
      Are you comfortable with salesforce?
      How comfortable are you with Excel?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

They made a decent offer straight away and I accepted.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in August 2015.

Interview

Finished in 2 weeks from first contact by recruiter. All together 3 interviews, first by recruiter, second one technical part and last character and personality questions. Questions ranging from Microsoft, Linux and networking area. On personality/character interview aim was to see reactions under stress and time pressure - reactions to different day to day support operations...

Interview Questions

• Discus troubleshooting procedure for Microsoft, Linux and networking problems.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through VMware Recruitment and had a phone and a face to face interview.
    It was for an entry level position and the only requirement was basic knowledge of servers, networks, and storage. No minimum level of experience required. Job description not reflecting the actual job. Ridiculous phone interview. Recruiter distracted and unable to provide relevant information on the job. I was also placed on hold for minutes during the call. Face to face interview scheduled for the day after.
    Interview with an escalation engineer and a manager. "The interview is divided into three parts Windows, Linux, and databases." It turned out that they were looking for experienced technical support engineers to join a specific team within the organisation.
    Total waste of time. Unprofessional recruiters. Poor communication. I followed up with the recruiter to provide feedback and enquire and never heard back. I know I am not the only one candidate who had to go through such a painful interview process.

Regional Escalation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews

A screening telephone interview with recruitment manager - 30 minutes
    Telephone interview with hiring manager and another manager - 1 hour
    Face to face interview with hiring Manager and colleague - 1 hour

I was told that I would receive feedback 4 days after the last interview which I did and thankfully I was successful for the role.

There were another 2-3 weeks before starting the role. Contract exchange, Security, background checks and reference checks were completed by an external vetting company and on the week I started, there was a medical

Interview Questions

• Q1. What did I have to offer over an internal candidate
      Q2. How do I handle stress

Q3. Give examples of where I have had the challenge of influencing another team's performance

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

Very basic interview with three people was asked how would I react to difficult customers then my willingness to learn and grow at all times in my skills in IT

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

Standard questions
    Tell me about yourself. What is your background?
    2. What do you know about our company?
    3. Why did you decide to seek a position with this company? What interests you about our company?

Interview Questions

• Sales targets
      ch of these qualities in your current job? In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to our company?
      6. What aspects of your previous experience do you think will be most helpful to you in this role? Is there any unique experience that would be likely to be of benefit to you in this position. Please outline this.
      7. What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
      8. Tell me about a time that you failed at something, and what you did afterwards. What major problems have you encountered and how did you deal with them?
      9. Are you a team player? Describe a time when you worked on a team project. What was your relative position on the team? Were you satisfied with your contribution? How could it have been better?
      10. How do you work under pressure? Give an example of how you dealt with it? How do you typically behave when a deadline is approaching?
      11. How do you react to criticism?
      12. What has been the biggest disappointment in your career to date?
      13. What is your greatest achievement to date?
      Answer Question