VMware Interview Questions in Cork | Glassdoor

3.1

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three phases. First one: Telephone interview. Sedond stage: Online assessment (personality test and skills). Third one: Assessment day in their Cork Facilities ( group activies and one to one interview).

Interview Questions

• Telephone questions where about qualifications and skills (like languages spoken). Then knowledge of the company and their products.   Answer Question
    • Online tests like any other online test. Continue the sequence, words relation, math operations   Answer Question
    • One on one interview:
       - Work experience
       - Tell me about a time you had a problem during a project and how you resolved it
       - What would have happened if you didn't solve this problem
       - Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't like. And how did it go?
       - Tell me about a time you where in disadvantage respect your pair and what did you to overcome the situation.
       - What are your weaknesses. What are you doing to improve?   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very organised and structured. Even though i didn't get the job, there was a good interview process. The recruiter was very helpful and eager to assist, and it felt very welcoming in general

Interview Questions

• What is the most stressful thing i've done in an work environment   1 Answer

Candidate Development Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

First stage - phone screen. All other stages - interviews with senior recruiters from multiple locations (done by phone). Most of interviewers are friendly and asking specific competency based questions (e.g.sources for finding new candidates). Last stage - personal interview in the office. The process might take too long, be ready for that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was on skype.

They were 2 during the interview : Engineer and the Manager.

The engineer was very kind, helpful and make you confortable. However the manager was very disrespectful. He told me I'm bad in IT and probably the same thing in my current work. He told me, I can go in another IT company to get more experience like Netgear.

About the interview, I had 10 questions in each IT domains : Network, Linux, NAS, and virtualization.

It's the worst interview I never had, and I will never apply again for this company.

Interview Questions

• what's the command to show the current process.
      list the content of a folder with the permissions
      find a word in a document
      how to show the open port in a cisco router   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very intense, you can expect some complex questions based on technical scenarios and a "what would you do next?" question set in order to gauge your troubleshooting skills and methodology. Also as its a customer facing role expect plenty of softskill questions too, such as how to deal with irrate customers and how best to deliver bad news.

Interview Questions

• Two computers on a network can't share files with each other, list the steps you'd take to resolve this issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone call to arrange time and date of interview. Interview within a week arranged.
    Interview on Skype, 90 minutes with two people.
    One covered open-ended questions on personality (give an example of where a project went right and where it went wrong for you, give me an example where you had to make a difficult decision and what happened that you could have done differently.), one on networks (DNS, client and servers, subnets)

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything you know about IPv6
      Tell me about VMs.
      What do you know about our company.
      What are you interested in about our company.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied via University, received opportunity to interview with one of the financial teams through the University which has contact with VMware's University Relations Team. Questions were straight forward, friendly people, appeared to be a nice working environment with everyone appearing to know each other/be friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and talk me through your CV. I just explained my current degree and then led on to past degree and recent employment.   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in August 2015.

Interview

2 calls in total...no hard questions...or stupid questions. mainly just work related and system/applications related. Nothing really out of extraordinary. It was not Google Type of Interview. I think they just liked me and were looking for people who could learn and adapt and working with minimal supervision.

Interview Questions

• What made you come to Ireland?
      Are you comfortable with salesforce?
      How comfortable are you with Excel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made a decent offer straight away and I accepted.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in August 2015.

Interview

Finished in 2 weeks from first contact by recruiter. All together 3 interviews, first by recruiter, second one technical part and last character and personality questions. Questions ranging from Microsoft, Linux and networking area. On personality/character interview aim was to see reactions under stress and time pressure - reactions to different day to day support operations...

Interview Questions

• Discus troubleshooting procedure for Microsoft, Linux and networking problems.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through VMware Recruitment and had a phone and a face to face interview.
    It was for an entry level position and the only requirement was basic knowledge of servers, networks, and storage. No minimum level of experience required. Job description not reflecting the actual job. Ridiculous phone interview. Recruiter distracted and unable to provide relevant information on the job. I was also placed on hold for minutes during the call. Face to face interview scheduled for the day after.
    Interview with an escalation engineer and a manager. "The interview is divided into three parts Windows, Linux, and databases." It turned out that they were looking for experienced technical support engineers to join a specific team within the organisation.
    Total waste of time. Unprofessional recruiters. Poor communication. I followed up with the recruiter to provide feedback and enquire and never heard back. I know I am not the only one candidate who had to go through such a painful interview process.