VMware Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 18, 2017

3.2

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

There was an initial Phone screen with basic questions about interests and gave an over view of the job and team and then an hour long Technical Interview was set up

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. Two technical interviews focused on worked experience, algorithms, problem solving and Java. The recruiter are very friendly, got rejected by one team by recruiter arranged an interview with other team.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter with a Hackerrank challenge test. Test was bit difficult with 4 coding questions and few multiple choice questions in 1 Hour. Cannot disclose the questions due to an NDA, but all basic Data Structure and Algorithms questions related to Binary Trees, Linked List and Arrays.

After giving Hackerrank test, was contacted by recruiter for 1st round of phone interview. Phone interview was taken by the Hiring Manager itself. 2 Coding questions. Questions related to Binary Trees, Array.

After 1st round of Phone interview, was contacted by the recruiter for 2nd round of interview. As opening was filling up urgently, team requested for an earlier interview. 2nd round was taken by member of team. Questions related to project, questions related to Networking protocols and 1 coding question.

All time during the process, recruiter was very nice and very co-operative. Earlier was rejected for some different profiles but still was open to other profiles. All interviewers were nice and co-operative.

Interview Questions

• Cannot disclose questions due to an NDA   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a phone call after talking with one of the engineers from Vmware after talking with the engineer from (I remember he was my school alumni probably a senior engineer) career fair from the college of computing held on January.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called after a couple weeks of applying and setup 2 different phone interviews with 2 team members (not including the hiring manager) the following day. The phone interview took place the a week later. Got an email from recruiter a couple weeks later that I was selected for the next level, which was another phone interview but this time with my hiring manager. The recruiter told me I was hired the same day I spoke with my manager. The whole process was roughly 6 weeks long.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to have a career in tax?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Asked basic DS and algorithms. There were 5 rounds ttotally.
    first round was written. second round was face to face where they asked about data structures and algorithms. third round was puzzle round and he asked few questions related to linux. fourth round was again ds and algorithms along with managerial questions. fifth round was hr round.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for Intern position through reference and I got a call in three days time after the application.
    It was 3 rounds having two technical interviews and one round of managerial/behavioral round.
    - First got a call from HR, who asked about my background, previous projects and my proficiency level in each programming language.
    - both the technical rounds was telephonic with Hackerrank's codepair to write programs/explain algorithms.
    - First technical round was relatively easy and I was asked to explain about my project and my coding contribution from the project and how it could be improved in terms of performance and also very basics of Operating System related to memory management.Also few relatively easy algorithms and Data structures related questions were asked.
    - Second round was relatively tougher with lots of OS related questions and programs related to muti-threading, Semaphores/mutex related programs. Algorithms questions related to Data structures like Queues, Linked list and explaining time complexity of such algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of Semaphore and Mutex with a program.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at VMware in December 2016.

Interview

2 on campus rounds, one of them technical and the other one on resume. The final interview is based on the team. I got rejected for the first team, but got accepted with another team

Interview Questions

• A couple of tough design questions specific to the team   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Got a phone interview from VMware after being referred internally by an employee. The interview lasted an hour, and consisted of some behavioral questions, as well as a technical question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university for Spring co-op. Contacted by recruiter for phone interview. Spoke with engineer over phone while completing HackerRank challenges. Contacted again for on-site interview. 2 1-on-1 interviews with engineers each with set of technical problems and resume questions.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      - String operations

On-Site Interview: