VMware Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

VMware Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in March 2018.

Interview

Three phone interviews in total. The first was a pretty basic call with the recruiter. The second was a 45 minute technical phone interview with a SE. The format was a little different that I was used to considering it was all system/design based compared to the usual coding through an online editor. The interviewer was very helpful along the way with each question which made it a very low stress interview.

The third interview was also 45 minutes, but this time it included a code editor. I was asked to implement a certain part of the merge sort algorithm, but my interviewer called an hour early so it went much rockier than expected.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process of a system call.   1 Answer
  • How would you implement caching on a certain system   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (San Diego, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I ask VMware employee for referral. Then VMware sent OA. After finished it, recruiter will concat you and ask your time for phone interviews. Then you will have two round phone interview. Both are technical interviews. If you pass the first phone interview, then you can enter the second one.

Interview Questions

• First round, ask me the projects in resume, what is raft and how to implement it.
      Coding: Lintcode 604 window sum
      Second Round: implements LRU. What is fork(), FD, Zombie process, Orphan Process.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

The recruiter and interviewers are nice and helpful. The process is first a HR call, then two rounds of tech interview, which is mainly for basic algorithms and system-related knowledges.

Interview Questions

• Operating system concepts such as memory management. Basic algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware in May 2017.

Interview

There are three rounds. First, HR, then manager, senior software engineer, software engineer. All the questions are average, they are pretty focused on your resume. Overall the experience is good, and would like to join it for the full-time position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Application
    I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days.
    Interview
    2nd round onsite intervew:
    At first a 30 mins touring in company, And then 1 on 1 interview, last 1 hour.
    First ask about background and talk about android rooting.
    Then asked two coding question and one design question in 40 mins:
    Two coding question is easy.
    Design question is medium hard.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I met VMware at the university career fair and got two rounds of the on-campus interview scheduled. After that, I was contacted by the university recruiter for another two rounds of interview which happened within a time span of two weeks. They were very quick in placing the offer. I got the final response within 10 minutes of my last round with hiring manager.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via email. She helped me set up a time for an on campus interview. The interview was mainly technical but they did talk about my resume and did ask me why I want to work at VMware.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware in October 2016.

Interview

1 Hour interview process on a pair programming platform. Talked shortly about my resume and experience, then given a code snippet in C, pointing out all of the bugs. Then I was given another coding problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Champaign, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume on campus career fair, arranged an on-campus interview two weeks after that. The questions are mostly about operating system, and some projects in my resume. It's been over a month I haven't heard any response yet, and the HR doesn't never reply to my emails.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at VMware in April 2019.

Interview

Had an introductory call with the recruiter. A technical phone screening round was scheduled. The interviewer shared a coder pad like screen where I had to type in the code. The question asked was to implement a trie (prefix tree). I was not supposed to execute the code. The interviewer just checked the logic.