VMware Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2016

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware in April 2016.

Interview

Incredible! One of the best thus far. They truly make you feel valued, are positive, professional, and are able to provide information on not just the role but the company. The recruiters are very sweet and follow up well. They move quickly and notify you faster than anyone I have interviewed with before. They also take the time to introduce you to others and share their story. The company seems to produce a very certain type person and interviewing will certainly help uncover if you are a good fit for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.
      How you handle competition/rivalry among your friends?
      What makes you unique?
      Which experience of yours would you most like to share?
      Tell me about the last time you competed for something and the outcome.
      What defines your experience and life?
      How do you think you best fit into to our culture?
      What do you know about us and why us?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview- The woman I talked to was very friendly and followed up with an email to list the next steps I needed to take. She was very friendly and made me feel comfertable talking to her. She briefly talked to me about the hiring process and the inside sales training location in Austin, Texas.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about your prior sales experience?

Are you willing to relocate?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It was timed and easy going. They had group ice breakers which made me feel more comfortable, but the timed interviews can add much pressure. There was two interviews and a group interview but more of a discussion to test your leadership and teamwork skills. Overall wasn't a tough interview, but was competitive.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you've had in life and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Friendly and easy interviews from start to end. Process took roughly one month from first to last interview. I was ultimately not extended a job offer due to an absence of technological sales on my CV, but made it through to the last round. Great company nonetheless, and interviewing was a net positive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

having multiple interviews for the position, everyone I spoke with from the recruiter to the hiring manager made a difference in my decision to come on board. I did not feel like anyone was just trying to fill a seat like other recruiters made me feel. Additionally the process went rather quickly so it did not leave me waiting and wondering. They are truly looking for the right candidate and are very transparent about the process.

Interview Questions

• The main question that I heard each interviewer ask me was "why VMware"?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate with quick responses to every question including relocation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

I sent my resume in via a friend who worked for the company and was telephoned the next day. They wanted to set up a phone interview. I was called when we had set up our time and it was clear the interviewer was at home. As I could hear dogs barking. However I think that is part of the atmosphere at VMWare. Stay at home to work and laid back.

She asked me if I was interested in the company and what my main goal was. General interview questions nothing hard. She then told me about the rest of the interview process which involved hypothetically selling coffee to a group of VMware employees and then a more on the spot sales presentation with some VMware managers.

She said she would call me to schedule those interviews. I never received a follow up phone call.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals regarding your career and how you will contribute to this company or any?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone interview and then leads to an onsite interview which is usually with one or more inside sales representatives and followed by one or more inside sales managers. After that, they will do a background check on you and some other formalities but that is it.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? What do you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more compensation two separate times and was granted more each time

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware in December 2013.

Interview

I came into the office and interviewed with the manager of the Federal inside team. I had 2 different interviews--with each manager on the Federal inside team. They asked that I provide a presentation to test my knowledge of Federal and also the territory that I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was about the current requirements that are going on for VMware in the territory I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I started with a phone interview with the recruiter, which took about 15 minutes. The second step was a phone interview with the hiring manager, which was a very direct conversation. He assessed that I was qualified enough for an in person interview. The in person interview was with the hiring manager and two other inside sales managers and was intense. About a week later I was contacted with an offer. The whole process took about a month.

Negotiation

I received an offer more than I expected so I accepted it right away.

Interview

It was fantastic, very detailed