VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Reston, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

HR call, Skype Interview, Phone interview. That's it.

Not too many technical questions. The company wants to hire qualified as well as great people.

Just be yourself and make an impression. Of course it is vital to answer questions eloquently and demonstrate your competence as a candidate. That is a given, but beyond that you need to be remembered to be considered for any position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the realm of your responsibilities.   1 Answer
    • Complete this sentence with one word. As a consultant, my job is to ______   2 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Interview

There were four interviews. Three telephonic and one in person.
    There were two people involved. One manager and other employee.
    First round of Interview was about my experience, knowledge and discussion of previous employment.
    Subsequent rounds were about analytical skills, technical skills including SQL Server, Oracle, Unix. Problem solving skills were tested with various scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Difficult to answer was the question whether I can come up with a very standard process and timeline for analyzing and fixing data errors in an unknown application.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Technical + Analytical Aptitude (more of technical)
    2 rounds of Technical Interview
    1 HR Round Interview

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

First telephonic round, Then 2 face to face rounds on saturday
    Second day of face to face rounds, had 4 rounds. Please go through the questions below to judge the intelligence level of interviewer in 4th round, where I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Apache and Tomacat?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

First Technical round involved basics of all subjects - OS, java, networks.
    Second technical round was more about what's virtualization, linux, linux kernel, drivers, why virtualization is required etc.
    Then there was a managerial round in which questions included - what's cloud computing. What to you expect from this job? Why do u want to join testing ?

Pricing Manager Interview

Interview

Human resource sent email to schedule the time for a phone interview. It was conducted by a HR people and last about 30 minutes. First of all the interviewer introduced the team you would possibly work with and the position you applied, and asked if you had any questions about that. The interview questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have conflicts with your supervisor.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

how does an operating system work

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

there was a Pre-Interview exercise test. After the test I was called for an onsite interview. There were 3 rounds. Most of the questions were based on your experience and the work you have done. Technical questions were mostly straightforward

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

off campus
    shortlisted based on cgpa
    one round of technical test followed by multiple rounds of interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

HR called me to make appointment. Then an engineer called again who asked some background questions and coding question

Interview Questions

• how to implement atomic semaphore (dekker's algorithm )   Answer Question

Interview

Interview Details – First round was phone interview with head of recruiter. Had face to face interview with head of recruiter and Hiring Manager. After one week had another follow up interview with the Hiring Manager and following by the team member.
    Lastly, referrers received phone call from HP coordinator and had conversation for at least half an hour asking about backgrounds and personality.