VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

3.2

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Staines, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

2 telephone interviews and 1 panel interview
    They have never even had the courtesy to call me back to say I did not get the role even though I have emailed and called this company on numerous occasions. I have been Ghosted.
    Their feedback was "I did not blow them out of the water " on the presentation but that they loved my first telephone interview.
    They said I could do the job but again no further communication from them - even now a whole month after the panel interview.
    Very disappointing experience and I feel if they treat potential candidates like this then I have definitely swerved a bullet working for this company.

The internal recruitment person even looked on my linked in profile a few days ago - not sure why. It would have been nice for them just to say - thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle this job role ? (considering I had completed a similar job role for 9 years in another company this should have not even been asked).   1 Answer

Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in March 2017.

Interview

I was approached by the recruiter who was prompt in scheduling the interviews. First round was a typical hacker rank coding challenge consisting of two basic algorithm problems and a few java related questions. Second phone screen with the interviewer was a horrible experience. Was asked a not too bad string related question. When I started stating my approach and the interviewer did not seem to care. Interviewer seemed impatient and kept cutting me off when I was working on the solution. He did not seem to know about time complexity of the question and when I corrected him, he ended up swearing during the interview. Very unprofessional experience and at this point I had enough and did not want to go any further. I am pretty sure that I do not want to work in my interviewer's team after his unprofessional behavior.

Interview Questions

• check if a common substring of length k exists in a string of strings, an easy stack related question   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Two phone screens with HR and a technical staff. What the HR mentioned that could happen next did not happen at all. Very bad experiences. Would not recommend to you guys at alll.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware in May 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. The initial HR round was pretty good. Got selected for the first Phone Technical round. I felt the interview was okay. I was asked to code in my preferred language and was also asked about my projects on resume. It was about 45 mins call but got extended for another 15mins. I had a great time learning about the project that they were working on.

Interview Questions

• BST insertion, deletion and find a node. Complexity(worst and best case analysis) in finding a node.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through referral and interviewed with VmWare. I was called in for a F2F interview to meet with the team, know more about the role and assess how my experience aligned with their expectations. The interview was conversational and went well.
    In the next few days, one of the interviewers (a man) messages me (a woman) on social media messenger app to start a series of conversations, followed by messaging me at 1 am in the night to which I did not reply. I chose not to answer to any of his conversations but lost my interest in the position and the company as I found this to be very alarming and unprofessional of any interviewer behaving in this manner.
    In addition to this, they took around 3 weeks to tell me that I wasn't a good fit and they are moving ahead with another candidate.

NOTE: Please respect the interview candidate whose interview experience greatly affects how he/she perceives your company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Do you have experience in statistical modeling? 3 things you are looking for in your next job?   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very organised and structured. Even though i didn't get the job, there was a good interview process. The recruiter was very helpful and eager to assist, and it felt very welcoming in general

Interview Questions

• What is the most stressful thing i've done in an work environment   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware in July 2015.

Interview

Very haphazard and interviewers repeated the same questions multiple times
    Also they were not pertinent to the job at hand and did not get a good feel for the job
    Took too long to get the final offer

Desktop Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Burlington, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied via one of the job portal sites. Received an initial screening call from HR. Received a second phone interview. Was invited to do a panel interview then finally completed another interview with the hiring manager. From that point, I was provided with an offer letter and had to go through a background check before being hired.

Interview Questions

• A user has come to you and says that his monitor isn't working. How would you go about helping the user resolve the issue   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very comfortable there were not much questions VMware HA , DRS how does it works and some basic networking stuff there were two rounds and manager asked me few questions

Interview Questions

• The asked about VMware technology and how does it work basic stuff
      VMware HA , DRS how does it works
      basic networking stuff
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indi, Karnataka (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware (Indi, Karnataka (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial rounds were Multiple Choice Questions based on aptitude and core subjects like C, algorithms, networking held at campus . Later had 3-4 rounds of technical and personal interviews, for which they called the selected candidates to their office.

Interview Questions

• Mot of the questions asked related to java and networking   Answer Question