VMware Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at VMware

Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy
Found 1735 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Oct 2020

Interview

I was interviewed for Senior java Developer. I cleared all the 4 rounds - 2 coding, 1 system design and managerial round. After that the HR told me that the position is freeze now. They can interview me for some other BU. I was interviewed again and again that told me that the position is freeze now. This is not ethically correct. The person has to devote so much time for the entire process and at the end telling them that the requirement is not available.

Interview Questions
  • Parking lot system design, common ancestor in BST, topological sort
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware (India) in Oct 2020

Interview

There were 5 rounds for this campus drive. Started with group discussion then followed by technical, managerial, leadership, and hr. In the technical round, I was asked to choose a language which I was confident in and questions were based on that. Managerial, leadership and hr were all similar and it all depends on the person interviewing you. Typical hr questions were asked in all 3 rounds.

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Oct 2020

Interview

The interview process started with a written test which consisted of aptitude, technical, and programming sections. Aptitude section consisted of medium to difficult questions. Technical section consisted of code snippets ,for which output had to be predicted and other medium level technical questions. Programming section consisted of a medium level program ,and there were 14 test cases for the program. written test was followed by preliminary assessment, 2 technical interviews, followed by HR and Managerial rounds.

Interview Questions
  • What is encapsulation What is data abstraction what is arraylist difference between arraylist and set
Anonymous Employee in France
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at VMware (France) in Oct 2020

Interview

J'ai postulé sur le site de VMware. J'ai eu un entretien de screen en anglais avec la RH. En suite j'ai eu un autre entretien avec un manager. Puis je suis invité à faire un entretien de mise en situation et de motivation. Apres avoir validé les trois entretiens, j'ai eu un dernier entretien avec un senior manager. L'organisation des entretiens est très bien faite et efficace. Je suis impressionné !

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (India) in Oct 2020

Interview

It went pretty well, the interviewers were friendly but i didn't make it to the final round. First was aptitude, then group discussion , technical around, leadership round and the final round was HR.

Interview Questions
  • Introduction, About computer networks and OS, Leadership qualities etc etc
Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Oct 2020

Interview

There are 3 rounds after your resume is shortlisted. First one is HR round where they will ask about your current work profile. Second round is technical round. They will ask scenario based questions depending upon the skills mentioned in the resume. Third one is Manager round. They will also ask a few technical questions and then they will ask questions related to your work choice.

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barranquilla, Atlántico
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Barranquilla, Atlántico) in Oct 2020

Interview

El proceso es de tres pasos, primero el screening donde luego te envían un test de hackerrank; luego te programan para un test en linea haciendo pair programming si pasas ambos hay una tercera donde te dan una oferta.

Interview Questions
  • Algoritmos varios de hackerrank no puedo determinar cuales, al parecer fueron al azar.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

The first round consisted of two short initial video interviews. The final round was a final round hiring event, this consisted of a cultural presentation, one group assessment and two additional interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Why VMware? Why sales? What motivates you? Why should we invest in you?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

Everything including the interview and the panel was encouraging throughout the process. I heard very positive feedback throughout the interviews and then lost it to internal candidate. I got exemplary feedback from the panel. It is right thing to make path for internal growth. Just shows what a great company to work for! however, external candidates also feel very dejected after through out positive feedback and losing it to someone who could have been evaluated first. May be something that is very common all across hiring companies!

Interview Questions
  • What are your 3 major strengths!m?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

Recruiter got in touch and whole process took about a month. The first round was tech screen with leetcode like question. The onsite had one design round and other technical rounds with questions around algos and ds

Interview Questions
  • Questions around design, algos and datastruture
Viewing 101 - 110 of 1,735 Interviews