VMware Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at VMware

Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy
Found 1737 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

Everything including the interview and the panel was encouraging throughout the process. I heard very positive feedback throughout the interviews and then lost it to internal candidate. I got exemplary feedback from the panel. It is right thing to make path for internal growth. Just shows what a great company to work for! however, external candidates also feel very dejected after through out positive feedback and losing it to someone who could have been evaluated first. May be something that is very common all across hiring companies!

Interview Questions
  • What are your 3 major strengths!m?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

Recruiter got in touch and whole process took about a month. The first round was tech screen with leetcode like question. The onsite had one design round and other technical rounds with questions around algos and ds

Interview Questions
  • Questions around design, algos and datastruture
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Sep 2020

Interview

My rant on intervieweing with VMWare Was a very bad interview experience with a company like VMWare which has such a great reputation for being very employee-friendly. If this is how they treat potential employees, I'm not really sure I trust the Glassdoor ratings anymore. Or maybe it's not just them, this trend is gaining pace wherein the HR schedules everything over emails and doesn't bother to have a one-to-one pre-interview telephonic discussion with the candidate and ghosts them after the candidate gets rejected later. Call me old school, but I'd like to have at least a call with the recruiter before interviewing as we did in the pre-pandemic days. Guess the pandemic probably killed the "human" part in Human Resources. I rarely review interviews, but I am writing this now just so that recruiters understand the perspective of an interviewee as well and maybe improve upon the processes going ahead. Interview Process: A recruiter reached out on email and scheduled the first technical round. I hoped that someone would contact me over the phone and have a walkthrough of the interview process, describe the role, the team, the tech stack, etc. like everyone usually expects. However, all communication was limited to only emails. I just received a call some days before the interview from another HR exec to tell me the date of the interview but he was not aware of the aforementioned details and told me that the recruiter will call me for that. They did reply to my mail seeking the process overview but that was just it. Cut to the interview. The interviewer was quite friendly and welcoming. After the basic introductions, my projects, my previous companies, he explained how we'll spend the next 1 hour. It was a code pair round which is basically coding on Hackerrank IDE with the interviewer on video call. I was given three programming questions : 2 DS and 1 Multithreading and was told to complete as many as possible in 60 mins. I focussed mainly on DS questions and was able to come up with the complete running code for 1 DS problem straightaway. Explained the solution to him and he agreed. Moved to the next. Spent some time thinking about the solution and finally came up with a time O(n) and space O(n) approach. He asked me to improve upon it which I tried but couldn't as they time also ran out. I had a positive feeling about the interview as I was able to answer two questions which should be fine for a 60 min interview including introductions and project descriptions. Tried reaching the recruiter for feedback but they didn't answer. Didn't receive any callback. Messaged them the next day, and all I got was again a mail saying my candidature couldn't be taken forward. A proper feedback goes a long way for a candidate trying to improve themselves for the next interview and at the very least provides closure. Will interview with them again after some time. For the moment I don't even know if I am eligible to reapply or not because guess what, we didn't have the conversation. Rant ends.

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

Interview lasted overall 3 hours, which was very tiring for an introverted person. It included 1 in person and 2 virtual calls at their main office in California. Two of the interviews started on time, the third was 20 minutes late because the interviewer misread her calendar. All in all, they had fair questions.

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

Phone Interview with Technical Question: First the interviewer briefly introduced himself then asked me to do the same, then quickly jumped into the technical algorithm question with shared screen. The interviewer was polite and helpful, and was willing to give hints to solve the problem.

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore)

Interview

Had 2 rounds - first one was hiring manager round and the second round was technical, coding round. All were virtual over zoom since it was in the middle of the pandemic. The interview went satisfactory for me. Since there was no response, I contacted HR. And they informed me that I was not selected. This took me by surprise since I had answered both the questions satisfactorily , in under 1 hour. I decided to ask for feedback from HR informally over phone, since it would have helped me in my future preparations. But they refused saying that it is against their policy to say anything.

Interview Questions
  • Whether a binary tree is a mirror image of another tree. Reader writer thread operating on fixed blocking queue.
Anonymous Employee in New Delhi
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at VMware (New Delhi) in Sep 2020

Interview

Hakerrank coding problem to design single page application. Then a day long interview process involving 4 rounds. The HR notified about the process before scheduling this. 3 technical and one managerial. Have enough time in between each round. Interview process was good. Little bit lengthy but I liked it because this is better than waiting to get the feedback of each round. Within two days HR called to set up an HR interview. Had the HR round the same day and got the offer letter within next two days. Overall a very good experience.

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at VMware (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2020

Interview

I got an onsite interview for the Propel program for new grads via the annual Codehouse hackathon held by Vmware. There were four 45-min calls with coding, behavioral, and resume based questions.

Interview Questions
  • 4 coding questions (DS&A), behavioral/resume based questions.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at VMware (Mangalore) in Sep 2020

Interview

Forst was the aptitude round and then we had gd and then was the tech round.. It was a virtual interview. They asked a few questions about the projects and a programing question and thats all.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between the c and c++ programing?
Anonymous Employee in Indi, Karnataka
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware (Indi, Karnataka) in Sep 2020

Interview

It went really well. I had total 6 rounds. Aptitude and email writing round, group discussion, technical round, managerial round, leadership round, hr round. Aptitude was little tough. Rest of the rounds went smoothly. They were asking questions from my resume itself. They were very supportive throughout the process. In general it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
Viewing 111 - 120 of 1,737 Interviews