VMware Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at VMware

Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy
Found 1737 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (United States) in Aug 2020

Interview

Brief chat with a recruiter on the phone. Then, they asked me to do a programming assignment, expected to take about eight hours to complete. Based on how I did on that, they scheduled a final interview. There was about a three week time between the assignment and the interview. The interview was four hours, using zoom to chat with four different interviewers with a 15 min break between each interview.

Interview Questions
  • Data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis, concurrency concepts, Linux memory management, network and scalability, Kubernetes and containers, general programming.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in Aug 2020

Interview

Started with a resume review where my resume was instantly rejected due to lack of "relevant experience" (was not so but what can you do?), was able to back door back into the process which then included a phone screen and then an interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in Aug 2020

Interview

Got an invite from the recruiter to complete a 90 min hacker rank test. The test had 1 question and easy. Then the recruiter scheduled a technical phone screen with a code pair. The interviewer didn't ask any technical questions but asked me to solve a problem which is hard to understand with an irrelevant example. I did interview with this company even before They focus more on asking some puzzles. for ex - asking to write a digital clock program rather than the core programming concepts.

Interview Questions
  • A class has a methods and calls other methods. Find the path if exists from method A to method B
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Aug 2020

Interview

you will not be given any feedback. interview is just an eyewash. one oriya lady was asking what is jsp implicit variable mins of question thinks she is architect. she knows only questions and she don't know answer and if you give correct answer she get offended. and even if you answer something right which she don't know then you are rejected.

Interview Questions
  • what is jsp implicit variable are the funniest. you can imagine rest of the questions.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Jul 2020

Interview

I recently appeared for the VMWare, Bangalore interview. I could give 3 rounds of interviews but after that didn't receive any feedback from the interviewer or the HR. It was a zoom interview. The first 2 rounds were good and I was for sure expecting a positive outcome and the interviewer was also good. It was all going well. In the 3rd round, the interviewer was not at all interested in what I know, and just wanted to flaunt that he is the boss there. It went for around 90 mins. He asked me some questions in one of the programming questions, once I wrote the code he tweaked the question and said this was the requirement, I fixed the code accordingly and then he went away from that and said something else. Logically it was nothing that broke my code or something, it is mostly about the attitude. At last, he asked me to wait for few mins, and I was waiting and after waiting for almost 50 mins I quit. Between I tried to call the HR after waiting for 30 mins or so. She didn't pick her phone and I didn't have any other number to contact anyone. I sent an email to HR for feedback, no response even after 10 days. Selection is rejection is a different issue but the most important thing is how you are as a person and what culture you inculcate in a company. Thanks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at VMware (San Jose, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

I attended a phone interview. I got the opportunity via linkedin. It was a coding round with coderpad. I was also asked the test cases validating this problem. It was a medium interview if one has seen this before.

Interview Questions
  • Given two strings, find the longest common Substring
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Jul 2020

Interview

The process had 4 rounds planned. I had 4 of them & then I was told there will be two more as it is the standard process. After clearing all the four rounds. I am yet to receive feedback. The recruiter told me that she will get back & like in any other recruiter meme, I am waiting for them to get back. They didn't even care to tell me the last interview's result.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were fairly easy if you are working with JS & front end for some time. There were questions related to UI design (components) for a DevOps application. API design for the same. There were questions on the code pen where some object had to be traversed in a recursive fashion. The last round was interesting as the interviewer was from a backed profile & she was having some trouble in explaining the question in frontend terms. Nevertheless, the interview went well as her main focus was on system design with socket programming.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Jul 2020

Interview

I applied online on their portal. It was really nice experience. I was interviewed for MTS-1 for AVI -networks (Vmware acquired it) . Recruiter made sure that the process was smooth.

Interview Questions
  • Round 1 : island problem, LRU-cache Round 2: puzzles, tree, basics of pointers, it was too basic, the basic question which tricks you Round3 : implement hash map, OS, OOPS question I got reject after round three, I was not able to implement map the way he expected.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Dublin, Dublin) in Jul 2020

Interview

The interviewers were supportive and extremely considerate.Basic knowledge was tested.Asked alot of practical scenerio and troubleshooting examples.Linux skills were also tested. overall positive experience .Practical experience is expected more than theoretical answers.

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork) in Jul 2020

Interview

Had a quick phone screening with HR, and then a technical interview which was to be followed by an interview with the team manager. My technical interview was not organised properly which really put me off, and I didn't hear back for 2 months when I had to follow up with them. They apologised for not contacting me before, they thought that they had. I was pretty disappointed at my experience overall even though the people I dealt with were lovely.

Interview Questions
Viewing 141 - 150 of 1,737 Interviews