VMware Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at VMware

Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy
Found 1735 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ireland
Application

I interviewed at VMware (Ireland)

Interview

Initial screening. Interview was more in depth than I expected for an initial screening so I could have been more prepared for it perhaps. More like an actual interview but the interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Why I want to work there.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Singapore)

Interview

Was contacted by hr to arrange for zoom interview. Went through 1 interview with HR and another with hiring manager but did not move on to the 3rd interview with the higher management team.

Interview Questions
  • How do you see yourself progressing into other roles of your interest?
Anonymous Employee in United Arab Emirates
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at VMware (United Arab Emirates)

Interview

Excellent interview process - really friendly and open organization. Huge focus on collaboration and team work. They’re big on culture - ethics, morals, attitude. Overall, it was a positive experience. I applied online, had a recruiter call me, and was eventually invited to do a group interview in London. It was challenging yet invigorating and welcoming.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your passions, your past experiences. Some scenario planning I.e how would you deal with difficult colleagues or a team member you’re arguing with.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

Positive experience over all. One phone screen with a recruiter and two face to face video interviews with a manager. First video interview was technical second was behavioral and asked about situational experiences.

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Australia
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Australia)

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed/screened over the phone by the recruitment manager just a couple of days later. I was then given a couple of weeks notice to meet with the line manager for the role. Approximately a month after this, the assessment centre was held.

Interview Questions
  • What are some skills that you think you can bring to the team?
Anonymous Employee in Bulgaria
Application

I interviewed at VMware (Bulgaria)

Interview

The interview consisted of OOP, Data Structures implementation and operations complexity and some DB questions. I had experience with building a whole application, so we talked about the challenges there and the bigger picture.

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (New Delhi)

Interview

5-6 rounds, first round screening with a manager - general questions and some coding. Second round - code, DS problems and some concurrency related code, and general tech stack specific questions. I think it went well. Third round - supposed to be system design, but a really weird, psycho opened some white paper on compensating transactions and wanted to implement that in 10 mins, with no details of it whatsoever. Things were going weird now, random questions, more like rapid fire, overshot time limit, does not give a damn(was on back-back interviews for 4+ hours). The guy was completely clueless what to ask . Fourth round- Managerial round, I think it went well. Fifth round - coding or whatever it was supposed to be, Had some coding questions, which I did correctly, after that stopped interview abruptly. HR did not bother to walk through the rounds and elaborate the expectations on the rounds, didn't really feel like it was an engineering manager round, and specially no system design round. Waste of 6-8 hours over 2 days, stretching a continuous 4+hours for interview. No feedback after that. NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

1 recruiter, 2 rounds of Zoom interviews with lead attorneys. Everyone was friendly, easy to talk to. Process moved fairly quickly after interview with university recruiter. Process seemed to be going very well

Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

There were 2 rounds (1 hour each) Easy to medium Leetcode Questions. Focus more on the past experience and University Projects. Also tests over all Computer Science Fundamentals and Machine Learning Funamentals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
Application

I interviewed at VMware (New Delhi)

Interview

Total 5 rounds. The first round was coding challenge with basic java concepts. 2nd round was frame work development and 3rd round was again coding challenge. 4th round is again a coding challenge (the interviewers got confused and had no idea if it was 3rd round or 4th round). 5th round was a managerial round with a lot of generic questions and the interviewer seemed occupied and in a hurry. There was no patience for an open conversation and no need to know the candidate. Felt hostile and aggressive. Lot of confusion regarding the job description and technical expectations. Felt like these folks were actually pulled at last minute to conduct the interview and none of the interviewers had any idea what Job description they were interviewing for. HR managers just send the interview invites and then there is no responsibility to convey the feedback if the candidate actually made to the next round and should continue with meetings. No response to emails or calls either. A big waste of time and energy. Very bad experience and feels insulting for someone who is not jobless or in dire need of an opportunity.

Interview Questions
Viewing 11 - 20 of 1,735 Interviews