VMware Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,735 of over 1.7K interviews

Recruiter22%
Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (United States) in Feb 2021

Interview

Process took about 6 weeks. I was submitted as an employee referral. Phone interview with a recruiter in early December. Early January I had a call with the hiring manager, a week later I had an interview with a manager from another department, the following week I had a panel interview with the team members I would be working with. The 4th interview was with the hiring manager from the first interview and she offered me the position. Each interview was very informal and laid back, made it easier to open up and show my personality.

Interview Questions
  • Why Vmware?
    Answer Question
  • What do you know about VMware?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Warsaw) in Feb 2021

Interview

It was really cool experience, I learned a lot, recommended for those who are looking for new experiences and are highly motivated. Fluency in English is a must have because HR was speaking with Irish accent.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (United States) in Feb 2021

Interview

Starts with a hackerrank, then a questionnaire, followed by a technical interview. The interview was done in 3 parts with 3 different people. Each person asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you had a conflict in a group. How did you resolve it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

Straight forward process. Applied online, interviewer reached out to schedule a phone screening. Second interview was with a portfolio review with a designer, and third interview was another portfolio review with a manager.

Interview Questions
  • What was the rationale for that design decision in your case study?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Italy

Application

I interviewed at VMware (Italy)

Interview

Breve intervista conoscitiva in cui ho parlato di chi fossi e cosa facessi. La recruiter molto disponibile, mi ha esposto i compiti che avrei dovuto assumere e mi ha spiegato l'iter previsto per l'assunzione

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

Interviewed the hiring manager. Asked several general questions how i would troubleshoot a reported problem. Question was too broad. Since job description included linux administration I described the steps to troubleshoot a problem at the linux level. At the end of interview he explained that they do not get access to the linux machines, that they only manage the virtual machines. Why include linux administration as part of the job description then? By the end I realized that he probably meant from the network perspective. Why not ask that question directly ?

Interview Questions
  • How to troubleshoot a problem ? Very general question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

This employer and the recruiter led to a very smooth process. The recruiter was largely responsible for the great communication. Their portion of this process is the main reason for this positive review.

Interview Questions
  • There was a practical customer review exercise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom

Application

I interviewed at VMware (United Kingdom)

Interview

Two stage interview with HR and recent TAM Graduate. Both really insightful and made for a great interview experience. Positive overall experience. But unfortunately no job offer. Would highly recommend to anyone thinking of applying.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

The interview was a basic tree traversal question with a little bit of an oop twist. There was a little bit of follow-up but the majority of the interview was this one question.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

Initial interview over Zoom meetings is the first set after sending in your resume. Next, you will have to schedule an interview meeting over Zoom. This position is exiting for me, since I will be working with clients on a large scale.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 21 - 30 of 1,735 Interviews