VMware Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,737 of over 1.7K interviews

Recruiter22%
Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

The interview was a basic tree traversal question with a little bit of an oop twist. There was a little bit of follow-up but the majority of the interview was this one question.

Interview Questions
  • A basic tree traversal with a mix of OOP.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

Initial interview over Zoom meetings is the first set after sending in your resume. Next, you will have to schedule an interview meeting over Zoom. This position is exiting for me, since I will be working with clients on a large scale.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (India)

Interview

4 rounds, very gruelling but definitely a great experience 1st round is a case study discussion in lieu with a GD format then there are 3 rounds of interviews on various subjects

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at VMware (Pune)

Interview

Had applied on the company careers portal and recieved call from HR very next day and interview was scheduled after one week. Technical Round 1 and 2 were conducted based on Data Structures and Algorithms, Networking Basics, Coding, SQL and Software testing strategies/fundamentals. I answered most of the questions and at the end Interviewer told that I was selected. However few minutes later HR called and said they cannot consider me for further rounds as they did not find my technical skills up to the mark for the role. I was a bit shocked and confused at the end. But overall it was a nice experience and would like to give another try.

Interview Questions
  • Technical Round 1 and 2 were conducted based on Data Structures and Algorithms, Networking Basics, Coding, SQL and Software testing strategies/fundamentals.
  • There was a Managerial discussion after the Technical Round but I could not make it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

There are multiple individual interviews and it appears they don't discuss candidates amongst themselves. They did not have any specifics around the role and the vision the Dir and Sr. Dir had was not the same as the roles peers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself was they only question from 4 different interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at VMware (Boston, MA)

Interview

The interview process itself was okay. Very typical process for a user experience design postition. However, they ghosted me after the final interview. No updates from them whatsoever, and it's been over 7-8 months already. Terrible work ethic- if an applicant spends so much time and effort to work for you, please have some courtesy and decency to at least follow up with your candidate and actually treat them as a human being. It's not a hard bar to follow.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

The interview process at VMware was great. I always knew what the next steps were, everyone was very friendly and easy to get a hold of when I had questions.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have managing technical communities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

Great, really learned what the company holds and cares about. At the end was given feedback on how to improve myself for future interviews. Make sure you go in there confident and relaxed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

SDET interview at VMWARE was good experience. The recruiter was friendly, Process was smooth and on time.Prepare the Job description well.Be confident and clear . I had to postpone interview twice but got lucky third time

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

Skipped over phone screen, was contacted by recruiter to go straight into technical interview. Was told to prepare for Codepair but ended up only having interview verbally over Zoom about how to approach open ended hypothetical situation, what kinds of statistical analysis to use, went over ML algorithm theory. Recruiter had said interview would be audio only, but interviewer asked for camera on. Interviewer also had crying child in the background for the duration of the entire interview, sound was very distracting. Interview lasted an hour total.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between accuracy, precision, and recall, and how do I know when to use which one as a measure of whether my algorithm is working optimally?
Viewing 31 - 40 of 1,737 Interviews