VMware Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,737 of over 1.7K interviews

Recruiter22%
Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

it is hard to say. overall is they will give you pressure and it was not respectful. told you to do a coding problem estimate to be 20 mins and give you only 5 mins for time constraint.

Interview Questions
  • algorithm also ask some OS questions.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

One hour interview. Half hour technical questions followed by half hour of coding question. Questions related to project in distributed systems. Coding question was a tree view from the top. First of 2 rounds

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware (India)

Interview

There was a aptitude test followed by 5 rounds. Those were group discussion, Technical interview, managerial round, leadership round and HR interview. During the interview process they mainly concentrate on the technical knowledge and communication skills

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions were mainly related to networking and cloud computing. Managerial round and leadership round were completely based on the resume.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

I interviewed for a research intern position at VMware research group. I applied using their career portal. The next day, I received a phone screening call from the recruiter who scheduled an interview with two researchers for a few days later. I received quick feedback from the recruiter the next day. I received the offer within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • There were no technical questions. We just talked about my research and how my experience fits the job posting.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in Jan 2021

Interview

I had such a great experience! It was only one round of interviews with 3 panel judges. They were really nice and they mostly asked behavioral questions. The HR person was also great as he always responded promptly and answered any questions that I had

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (United States)

Interview

The interview process consists of 3 rounds, which are a combination of behavioral questions, technical (CS) questions, and more general approaches to product management style questions. You are expected to demonstrate some knowledge of the product/team that you are interviewing for, and the recruiter made me aware of this.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in VMWare? What do you know about _____ product/team?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Total clown show. Applied online and was finally contacted by a recruiter after THREE MONTHS to schedule a recruiter intro. His calendar link was invalid, so I sent *two* follow up emails. No response / ghosted. After another month, I finally hear back from the guy and he sends me a new calendar link that actually works with no explanation. I had a nice chat with him and was supposed to be contacted by a coordinator to set up a tech screen. Ghosted again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, San Jose

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (San Jose, San Jose) in Jan 2021

Interview

Fue claro, preciso y muy ameno, destacan la visión y funciones de la empresa en el mercado, además de los beneficios que se podrían gozar. La reclutadora realizó preguntas en inglés y en español para probar el manejo del idioma y el conocimiento del postulante ante circunstancias en un posible ambiente laboral.

Interview Questions
  • ¿Cómo manejé una situación de cambio en mi ambiente laboral y cómo reaccioné al respecto?.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

There was a screen phone interview, then 45' interview with 4 security engineers. Depending with the position, a staff security engineer must know how to implement threat model, understand OWASP top 10, be able to code in python.

Interview Questions
  • How key is used to sign the msg?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Jan 2021

Interview

The interviewers were good. But the HR team is not at all responding to the queries. I have never seen such an irresponsible HR team in any company! They can just reply to the email about the interview status.

Interview Questions
  • Asked questions from CV and some Linux and network-related stuff
Viewing 41 - 50 of 1,737 Interviews