VMware Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,737 of over 1.7K interviews

Recruiter22%
Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Apr 2017

Interview

1) Hacker Rank Test 2) On premises (2 f2f rounds) 3) 2 skype interviews : technical 4) Managerial round 5) Another technical round on skype and a further managerial round There has not been any follow up afterwards, HR or recruting persons did not even care to inform about the outcome.

Interview Questions
  • Python, Django, REST API, Puzzles
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (United States) in Apr 2017

Interview

HR contacted me for NSX networking team. Then had setup an 45 minutes coding interview with an engineer. A google doc was shared and was asked to code in it.

Interview Questions
  • Given a “2 x n” board and tiles of size “2 x 1”, count the number of ways to tile the given board using the 2 x 1 tiles. A tile can either be placed horizontally i.e., as a 1 x 2 tile or vertically i.e., as 2 x 1 tile.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at VMware (Boston, MA) in Apr 2017

Interview

Discussed a little about the resume and the experience. Asked a little about the RESTful services. Asked some data structure questions. How to implement the Hashmap. Finally gave some suggestions about the questions and how to improve. Asked if have some questions for the interviewer.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staines, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Staines, England) in Apr 2017

Interview

2 telephone interviews and 1 panel interview They have never even had the courtesy to call me back to say I did not get the role even though I have emailed and called this company on numerous occasions. I have been Ghosted. Their feedback was "I did not blow them out of the water " on the presentation but that they loved my first telephone interview. They said I could do the job but again no further communication from them - even now a whole month after the panel interview. Very disappointing experience and I feel if they treat potential candidates like this then I have definitely swerved a bullet working for this company. The internal recruitment person even looked on my linked in profile a few days ago - not sure why. It would have been nice for them just to say - thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions
  • Can you handle this job role ? (considering I had completed a similar job role for 9 years in another company this should have not even been asked).

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Dublin, Dublin) in Apr 2017

Interview

I had the interview with Service Source for a Sales Representative role on behalf of Vmware. The process was pretty straight forward - typical interview questions focused on your previous experience, your strenght, your weakness and the motivation to work for the company

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply for this role? Why ServiceSource? What are your strenghts and weaknesses? What motivates you every day? Tell me about your passion?

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in Apr 2017

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. Two technical interviews focused on worked experience, algorithms, problem solving and Java. The recruiter are very friendly, got rejected by one team by recruiter arranged an interview with other team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in Apr 2017

Interview

The interview took 3 weeks. I interviewed in the Atlanta office. It was a 2 hours interview. I met with one of the corworker and he asked me all the technical questions. he was very nice. Then I met with the manager, she was very nice.

Interview Questions
  • It was a lot technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneshwar

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware (Bhubaneshwar) in Apr 2017

Interview

one on one technical interviews, followed by HR interview and a lot of questions on projects, if you want to get hired you need to brush up data structures, oops concepts, operating systems and computer networks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Canada) in Apr 2017

Interview

Got a technical phone interview with the engineer. Asked Questions about networking and some basic CS concepts, such as dictionary, array and linked list HR is kindly to give me feedback when I got rejected

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (United States) in Apr 2017

Interview

Was relatively simple. HR responded real quick after every phone screen and coordinated things nicely. There were two phone screens. Both were technical. One was completely on my projects and the other was a problem solving round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 591 - 600 of 1,737 Interviews