VMware Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at VMware

Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy
Found 1735 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore
Application

I interviewed at VMware (Singapore)

Interview

The role is based in Singapore. Twice the recruiter scheduled an interview via zoom. First time I received a message 3 hours before saying I am not feeling well we will reschedule. It was rescheduled and I am right now waiting on zoom for 15 min and the recruiter is NO SHOW. Dropped her an email but no response. Really is this how VMware operates.....wasting candidate time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I interviewed at VMware (India)

Interview

2rounds at a time, take more rounds even if first rounds go bad. Coding rounds with interviewer just expecting his byhearted answer. Was not even able to understand alternate words used in design question.

Interview Questions
  • standard ds/algo questions - search for binary tree in binary tree, search in sorted matrix, power of n
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Dec 2020

Interview

First technical round consisted of qyestions from DSA, OS, Networking and C++. The second technical round Unix, DBMS, problem solving and OS was tested, also major emphasis on the technologies used in any of the project you would like to explain. The third round was manegerial round, where more of project was asked and the basic work ethic questions. The fourth round was HR round. I failed the manegerial round.

Interview Questions
  • Create a database of a school, and explain me the tables and it's properties.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thailand
Application

I interviewed at VMware (Thailand)

Interview

1 phone screen, 2 technical coding interview, and final behavioral round. Technical interview was 2 medium leetcode questions with any choice of programming language. Final round was just talking about past projects on resume.

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Toronto, ON) in Dec 2020

Interview

The interview process took a month and it includes the following: 1st is a phone screening with HR regarding experience and applications/tools used 2nd interview is with the Hiring Manager via Zoom A 3rd set of interview includes 4 other managers from different regions, each being a separate zoom interview. Followed by a background check (education, employee, criminal)

Interview Questions
  • behavioural and technical questions - "Tell me an experience when..."
Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Dec 2020

Interview

There was 4 rounds including 1. Round1 - Written Test conducted (on hirepro) (Dur: 1:30hrs) 2. Round2 - Problem Solving Interview (on zoom) (Dur: 50mins) 3. Round3 - Managerial Interview (on zoom) (Dur: 40mins) 4. Round4 - HR Round (on zoom) (Dur: 15mins)

Interview Questions
  • Round1 - The first round comprised of Multiple choice questions including aptitude, logical, C output questions, technical portions and one coding question.
  • Round2- (Technical Interview) Asked two coding questions 1. simple loop based question 2. merge two sorted array with O(1) extra space
  • Round - 3 (Managerial Round) 1. Tell me something about yourself ? 2. When you did courses on Algorithm, OS, DBMS ? 3. Asked about projects. 4. How cloud services implemented ? (High - level view) 5. What is virtual memory ? 6. Difference between B and B + tree. 7. Explain the functionalities of Open Systems Interconnection model layers ? 8. Are you willing to publish a paper in near future ? 9. He explains about his team’s projects 10. Do you have any question ?
  • Round - 4 (HR Round) 1. Tell me something about yourself. 2. Asked about my family. 3. Asked some questions about my native place (places to visit, food). 4. Do you have any question ?
Anonymous Employee in Panama
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Panama) in Dec 2020

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, 3 total interviews. First a 15 mins call, Then a group exercise (facilitated a user story writing session) and 3 person team interview about my in depth experience in tough and usual settings.

Interview Questions
  • - Describe a time when a project did not go as planned. - Why do I want to work at VMware - How do you work with difficult/tough personalities
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (United States) in Dec 2020

Interview

Got a call from recruiter. Told just basic stuff about the company and gave a brief introduction to the role. Then scheduled a round with team lead. The interviewer was very professional and did the interview with patience

Interview Questions
  • Been asked what would you do if you were told a Linux system is slow
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Dec 2020

Interview

I interviewed for a senior engineering manager role at VMWare. The panel (a staff engineer) was not prepared and could not articulate the questions correctly. There were random questions and no interest to explore the skills in detail. They are interested to note down what is being said (no eye contact) rather than having a proper conversation (very irritating). They seem like having a target of rejecting 99 people and taking the one who comes at 100); the interview panel member was not able to answer a question asked to him towards the end of the interview..

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (United States) in Dec 2020

Interview

The process was fairly standard and took place over about 3 weeks. Everything took place online (e.g. email, Zoom, etc.) because of the pandemic. My first interview was a screening with an HR representative. Once I passed my screening, I had an interview with the hiring manager, which went well and led to further interviews with a designer on the team, a product owner, and a product manager. Every person I talked to in the process was very knowledgeable and friendly. Ultimately, they went with another candidate but the process was enjoyable and I'd definitely consider taking a position there in the future if I received an offer.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you had a disagreement with a design decision?
Viewing 61 - 70 of 1,735 Interviews