VMware Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at VMware

Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy
Found 1737 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Cork) in Nov 2020

Interview

- Interview with recruiter: very easy. Very casual and conversation style. Asked what are you strengths and weaknesses, talked about internship experience. - Interview with manager: asked what sparked my interest in technology, talked about my background and college course, again very casual. - Interview with 3 other managers: asked about your experience, what you know about VMWare, how you deal with stress etc. They are nice, not trying to make anything too difficult for you but trying to gain an understanding of you.

Interview Questions
  • What sparked your interest in technology? What do you know about VMWare? Asked about projects in college etc
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Stockholm, Stockholm) in Nov 2020

Interview

It was an HR interview over the phone for 15 minutes for one of their strategic products. It was a screening interview, and the recruiter told me about the decision over the phone. Probably they forgot to mention the local language in the job post.

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Chicago, IL) in Nov 2020

Interview

First discussion with resource manager, then with a hiring manager and a TDD based pair programming session with a developer, then another pairing session with a more senior developer or architect, then another session with another senior developer which was again a pair programming session and then a final round with two managers mostly behavioral questions

Interview Questions
  • TDD question to implement a Set, then working with a senior developers on a story of table tennis. Manager round was mostly behavioral questions like the most difficult assignment etc. It is a very unorganized interview and the interviewers are not sure what all are previous steps happened. And so there is nothing like we a given round because of we passed the previous round. They just interview. In my case I had to do multiple follow up after each round to get another round scheduled. They just move on without a decision
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germany
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Germany) in Nov 2020

Interview

Es gab mehrere Runden, beginnend mit zwei Videocalls mit einer Personaleren und einer zuständigen am Einsatzort. Die zweite Runde war ein Gruppeninterview per Videocall mit ca 20 anderen Anwärtern und als letztes ein Videocall mit den zuständigen der DACH Region. Die Atmosphäre war immer sehr locker und freundlich jedoch ztotzdem professionell.

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in Nov 2020

Interview

The process was 2+ months, I think because it took place throughout the holidays and VMware gave employees extra days off. First interview with recruiter was 15 minutes, very basic screening. Next 4 interviews were with team members and hiring manager and were 30 minutes. Interviews were average difficulty.

Interview Questions
  • They asked to explain relevant work related to the position.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bavaria
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Munich, Bavaria) in Nov 2020

Interview

After the original recruiter call, which was to gauge my interest and the fit for the company and position, I proeeded to have three 45 - 60 minute calls with senior managers from the Business Solutions Advisory Function. I received positive responses from all three and an unofficial "offer" over the phone from recruiter. After 2 days she called me back to say the head of the EMEA Strategy team would like to have a short chat as well, but this is not part of the interview process. After that chat nobody contacted me for two weeks and upon me inquiring directly by the recruiter she informed me the the head of strategy found our discussio "unlinear" and would like to see few more applicants. I found their handling of the situation intransparent and unprofessional and frankly, dissappointing.

Interview Questions
  • How would you pitch VMware cloud solutions to business stakeholders?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware (India) in Nov 2020

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 rounds. 1 aptitude test, 2 technical interviews, 1 managerial and 1 hr round. Each round was an elimination round. The aptitude test continued Verbal reasoning questions, quantitative aptitude and verbal questions. Detailed understanding of projects was tested in the technical round.

Interview Questions
VMware
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Nov 2020

Interview

Applied through Linkedin. The recruiter reached out and fixed an interview with the hiring PM director. 1-hour zoom interview was scheduled. The interview was relaxed and the person interviewing was friendly wanting to know what I had done and a few PM related questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the product development lifecycle and your role in it in your org.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at VMware (Los Angeles, CA) in Nov 2020

Interview

Applied via referral, received OA in two weeks after application, received an onsite interview in 3 months after the OA. The onsite is a four-round interview, and the interviewers needed to reach a unanimous consensus to hire you.

Interview Questions
  • Design a Twitter, design a TinyURL, and one LeetCode medium, one LeetCode hard
Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Nov 2020

Interview

More technical on data structure and design . questions asked on tress and graphs . 4 rounds of technical rounds along with one techno manager round . At the end there was a HR interview for package discussion

Interview Questions
Viewing 81 - 90 of 1,737 Interviews