VMware Lead Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Lead Development Representative Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

3 Part Process:

(1) Initial Phone Screening asking about experience and resume details.

(2) Vmcoffee sales simulation. You call in and start your role play right off the bat. You have to ask the right questions about someone who is looking for a coffee rewards program. You then have to close on an appointment with a sales representative who can go more in depth with the product and who is able to close them.

(3) 10 min presentation: 3-5 slides on either the company history and financial or virtualization (the company's main software offering)

-- Then they let you now if you got the job or not within a few days.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX).

Interview

"Hiring Blitz:" 3 step process

1. Company presentation- present company information in front of two hiring managers, then sit down standard 2:1 interview.

2. Sales Simulation- Call "client" (managers in different room) and go through a sales simulation and sales transcript. Then standard 2:1 interview with two different managers.

3. Interview- Move into a room with two other managers for a sit down lengthy 2:1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Hiring Blitz, took place same day.

1.) Sat in a conference room with others interviewing for the position with some hiring managers. Here, we listened to a presentation from an employee on the overview of the company.

2.) Formal interview with two other managers and just myself being asked typical questions one would expect.

3.) Sales simulation, where I called into a room with two other hiring managers. Had a script that I received in advance in an effort to assess my phone and sale presence. This was followed up with another interview with these managers.

4.) Conducted a powerpoint presentation for two other hiring managers so they could assess your presentation skills. The presentation could be basically anything related to the company. This was also followed up with another short interview with those managers as well.

Each process was about 15 minutes each.

Lead Development Representative Interview

Interview

Interview Details – First round was phone interview with head of recruiter. Had face to face interview with head of recruiter and Hiring Manager. After one week had another follow up interview with the Hiring Manager and following by the team member.
    Lastly, referrers received phone call from HP coordinator and had conversation for at least half an hour asking about backgrounds and personality.