VMware Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

VMware Interview Questions in London, England

3.4

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

The whole end to end interview process consisted of three telephone interviews, two of which were with VMware recruitment, going over general background, technical expertise etc. and then a third directly with the hiring manager who went over the role, quizzed me on my knowledge of the company and how I would benefit VMware and how my skills would make me good at the role etc. The telephone interviews with the recruitment team were around thirty minutes each and the telephone interview with the hiring manager was 90 minutes. Following those I was then invited to a formal face to face interview which was completed in two stages; a 1:1 and then a panel, including the hiring manager. The total face to face interview time was just over two hours, with each stage taking around 50% of the time. This covered past expereinces in more detail, low level details around what my speciifc involvement was and what my responsibilities had been, as well as descriing problems experienced and how I had successfully resolved them. Thorough is the word I would use!

Interview Questions

• The good old "Could you provide a negative attribute about yourself and how this has impacted you during your working life".   Answer Question

Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

One on one interview with hiring manager. Very straightforward. Not much else to say. Seemed very keen to get a warm body in as soon as possible, so as not to lose the headcount.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Good Experience. The process started with a phone call from a coordinator who scheduled a tech interview with an engineer from the UK. After this interview I had another interview with a manger. The last one was a call with the BU head.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied for the above role through their website and been screened (with in a week) through the HR team on telephone (around 45 mins), with in few days they setup another telephonic interview with the technical manager. I did really well and explained my skills (presales and technical) and the projects I have worked. The telephonic interview took over 1hr15 mins, which included the technical and standard general questions like why you want to work for VMware, what would be your next career step. With in 2 days I had an email saying that I have not been selected as I'm more on the "delivery side". which is really a joke as I never worked on delivery side and emailed about all the Opportunities I have worked and questioned this. within a day I had response saying that you have some good pre sales experience, however for this particular vacancy we require someone with more experience (standard response)....

Interview Questions

• Nothing, as answered most of the question with in my domain   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Very friendly and challenging in a nice way. They spend the time in exploring your ability to add value and be successful. I noticed everybody get through screening and the decision to filter goes to the hiring manager. I felt bit worried from the name but it turned out that I handled the interviewer better than I or him expected.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this job?
      What do you know about VMware ?
      What do you know about vSphere ?
      1 Answer

Solution Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Internal recruiter check 30 minutes
    Hiring Manager Introduction F2F 90 minutes (early morning)
    Hiring Manager Follow-up F2F 90 minutes (after work)
    Panel Presentation 4:1 75 minutes
    How would you do this job?
    How would you pitch VMware's value proposition to e.g. different industries and roles

Interview Questions

• Company Knowledge, Previous experience, Career goals (12, 24, 36 months)

Can you do this job?
      Do you want this job?
      Can we put up with you?
      1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

Telephone interview - with the recruitment team in Ireland
    face to face interview with practice manager and technical senior consultant
    Ask questions about - skill sets, product knowledge, life experiences, availability.
    The offlice location was relaxed and free vending machines were available.
    The VMware head office was located in Frimley within the business estate.