VMware Member of Technical Staff II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Member of Technical Staff II Interview Questions

3.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware in October 2014.

Interview

I had one phone interview where interviewer dove into the nitty-gritty questions about JavaScript. It was a very pleasant interview with fair questions for a Technical Lead. I went for an on-site interview later where I talked to the hiring manager, one back-end developer, 2 front-end developers and another manager. The last person I talked to was from HR to see if I was a cultural fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• The hardest questions were involving JavaScript Event Loop details.   Answer Question
  • Design and develop a web application where you can create slides and make a presentation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

First was a general chat with the recruiter, where we exchanged details about my experience/interests and the skills they were looking for. This was followed by 3 phone interviews and an onsite round of 7 interviews (including 1 chat with the recruiter/HR).

I was really impressed with how courteous and professional everyone was. The team was also very accommodative of the fact that I had 2 other offers in hand and speed-ed up the entire process as much as they could!

Interview Questions

• Given a number, print the list of prime numbers that multiply to that number. Eg. given 132, print -> 2,2,3,11   1 Answer
    • Given a list of integers L and a number X, find 3 numbers in L that sum-up to X.   1 Answer
    • Consider a system with limited memory, say 64K, that is given a continuous infinite stream of objects (each of size 16k) as input (so you cannot store the complete input), and the system can be queried at any point in time. Assuming the system has seen K objects when it is queried, it should return 1 object from the stream seen so far, such that the probability of each object being chosen is equal. Design such a system.   Answer Question
    • Database design question regarding user-account management, authorization etc.   1 Answer
    • Design question - a secure resource-access system   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR was aware of the details of 2 other offers I had at hand and hence made a very competitive initial offer. I did not want to negotiate further.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

One phone interview and one on -site interview. On site interview consisted of 6 people. Basic programming questions, Scrum related questions, behavioral and process related questions were asked.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

OK

Negotiation

Very bad. Stick your guns. Vmware tries to put you down by promising a heaven on earth.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

First they called me for F2F round on a weekend. Interview had 3 technical F2F rounds. All the rounds were little tougher. Should be thorough in all the basics to clear the rounds. I managed to clear all the technical rounds. HR told me they will get back after 2-3 days.
    Later HR called me and told I have cleared all the technical rounds and there will be a formal HR and Managerial rounds over phone. So almost after a week they called me and had both HR and managerial rounds. One the same day they had discussion on my package and others. I was happy to accept the package. It was quite a good package(~35%-40% hike). They told I should be getting an offer within couple of days.

Interview Questions

• They ask about the basics of CS. Linked list, Arrays, Hash map, Core Java to the core. All are little difficult to answer. Be prepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview was done in 3 stages. First one was telephonic round. Then I was called on campus where 5 round of interviews happened. Then on another day, i had video interview with US team. For night video interview, company arranged the transport as well :)
    Since I applied for software developer role, I was asked C, C++, data structure problems and some puzzles as well.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2009.

Interview

Two Telephonic Round, Minimum Five round

First Round : Basic,Puzzles
    Second > : Technical ....etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My First Job