VMware Member of Technical Staff III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VMware Member of Technical Staff III Interview Questions

3.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a pretty engaging interview. I had 2 phone interviews but was later referred for another position. A quick call with the manager and then I had an onsite interview. Everything was pretty smooth(They took care of all logistics). Interview day was packed with interviews , but i guess it was pretty fun. Not grilling you , but just understanding what you know and how much you are ready to learn. Questions were pretty much straightforward-linked lists , mutex/semaphores , threading , memory allocations ( all was coding based).

Interview Questions

• linked lists , mutex/semaphores , threading , memory allocations ( all was coding based).
    Mostly system level and network stuff.
    Do prepare well - coding books are definitely helpful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did pay me well . I dint have to probe them much. They did miss on the joining bonus , but eventually they did add it.
I was switching jobs, so make sure you do check for market averages and all.

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Member of Technical Staff III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Now: inconsistent. you could get hired on a single phone call or go through a 14 people round. Depends on who refers you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall Positive, where panel made me feel comfortable and was able to answer most of question.
    Questions were of wide range, from problem solving to algorithm and few error free coding.

Interview Questions

• 1. Sorting algorithm
      2. Problem solving based on aptitude question
      3. Anagram question
      4. Internal's of C++;
      i.e Virtual function, object memory layout etc
      5. Singleton design pattern
      6. Multi-threading.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

2 telephonic rounds and 5 f2f rounds. Was offered after 2 weeks.

Total process took 40 days. Telephonic interviews were nice. Interviewers will be very cooperative. F2F rounds were taken in a single day. First round was about projects I worked. Second round 3 questions including a puzzle. third round about scalability and algorithms. 2 questions were asked. one regarding millions of records being pushed. Another question is finding the 1 million records with least values from 1 billion records. 4th round core java questions. 5th round BST related questions.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms, core java, puzzle, Design, scalability.
      HashMap related, time complexity, spiral printing of a matrix, singleton design pattern, puzzles etc, Arrays, quicksort.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

My first round was telephonic and it was 1 hour interview by my hiring manager.2nd day its was 5-6 round face to face rounds and it went well.They asked more on Linux internals ,PERL scripting , scnerioas based testing ,and also some question on virtualization ,and system architecture ans also unix commands.

Interview Questions

• They ask me to draw X86 architecture and also ask me to write a script which i wrote it partially but they are okay with my approach   Answer Question