VMware PR Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

I had a great rapport with the recruiter via phone and an excellent first interview with the hiring manager. The stakeholders I would be managing PR for were all very impressive except for one person in product management. He was rude, argumentative and unrealistic in what he expected for his PR program. He had outrageous expectations and proceeded to speak negatively about all of the people in the PR group that I was going to meet with next and who would've been my peers had I taken the job. My final meeting was with the hiring manager and that also went well. I called the recruiter the next day and promptly withdrew from the process because in the final interview with the hiring manager, I learned that the product manager that was so rude and combative was the person I would be doing the most work for/with. Such a shame things didn't work out.

Interview Questions

I found out in the interview that the person who I would be working with the most was the person who was the rudest and most combative in the interview process. Only one rotton egg out of the whole bunch but that's all it took for me to withdraw from the process.