VMware Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The campus interview process was very simple and straightforward. I had three telephonic interviews in three weeks and had my offer in the fourth week. My first interview was with a Marketing Manager, second one with Line Manager and the final round with Marketing Director.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a well marketed product.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through referral and the interview process took 3 weeks. The recruiters for some reason never respond after the interview process is complete. I would suggest focusing on pricing, product launch, and content development approach questions.

Interview Questions

• Vmware entered into open source few years back and this is what I was asked in reference to that.
      How would you decide whether a feature should be launched in community or enterprise version?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy, but the questions were straightforward for someone from business school or with marketing experience at a tech company. You will still need to do research on Enterprise IT market and the specific VMware product(s) you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• How would you take a new product to market? What would be the process you put in place?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Interview

HR screen. Was told I would receive a call from hiring mgr. Silence. HR screen repeated some months later for what seemed to be the same job, but was actually a different role. Progress to full day on site with HR, hiring mgr, 3 other "stakeholders" from related departments. HR was 45 minutes late to kick off that in person all day process.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions per se. focus on past histroy, successess   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was brought in for 5 1:1 interviews, each taking just shy of 1 hour. One of the interview was a lunch interview, so we grabbed lunch from the dinning room and went to an office to talk and eat. This wasn't a lunch casual chat like you'd have at a Google interview. All interviews were a repetition of one another. The were all a mix of personal-marketing-product management questions e.g. "Tell me about a time you...". Nothing really out of the ordinary or too difficult. The interviews were all discussion-like and interesting. We were talking about real current issues they were facing. The people I spoke to were interesting and seemed like the kind if people I'd like to work with. Professional and like what they do. The environment feels like it's lacking the "fun element" that I would expect from a company this size.

The hiring manager is the last person I spoke with and he seemed a little tired. He had already interviewed me on the phone so the 1:1 was more about my perceptions about the issues they are dealing with and the position.

I never heard back from them. That would be my only criticism and warning. I had to find out through a friend 5 months later that they have moved on with another candidate. I have not received any. communication. This is highly unprofessional and if this is how they treat candidates, they have something to learn about PR. Also make you think how do they treat their employees.

They did not reimburse any travel expenses.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in March 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screening with hiring manager was pretty normal (background, etc). Interview with three different people included brand teasers and technical questions. They definitely seemed interested someone with a very technical background even though it was a marketing position.

Interview Questions

• How many hamburgers are consumed in New York City during the course of a year?   1 Answer