VMware Interview Questions in Pune | Glassdoor

3.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Pune (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I had given lot many interview in my career, But I had the worst experience with the experienced panelist. All junior level employee asked good questions and shown interest while taking interview, but senior staff showed their attitude even in interview. (No interest , looking here and there , laughing on answers, very much unprofessional ).

In interview No Pen, No marker Nothing.

I've Given 7 Round total 5 Technical 2 Manager

Recruiter asked to come at 10. I've reached at 10 AM sharp and need to wait for 1 hour, no one was aware that there is interview scheduled for me.

same day I've given 5 rounds till 6:30 PM (Two more round on another day), No lunch arrangement from VMWARE and even I had to pay 100/- for parking. :p

Not a single question asked on networking and I got the feedback that my networking knowledge is not much strong so they are going with other candidate

Overall frustrating experience.

Note: There was not a single questions which I was not able to answer I was very well prepared.

2. Crossing River with equal number of flower and offer the same number in three temple (Puzzle)
    3. Search the Node in linked list.
    4. Change to upper case (each word of sentence)
    5. Add one day in given (dd,mm,yy)
    6. Find the element in dict of dict
    7.Get the value from config file like. Server1:IP and Server2: IP etc. get the value of each server of create Dict
    8. Magic function in Python.
    9. Lambda, map, filter, yield.
    10. Divide rectangle in minimum number of square. (I've done but he was interested with recursion method) two people asked same question.
    11. Api Testing (One api return child of given parents and we have set of parents) how will you test this, also test that any child does not returning parent.
    12. Who decides that build is not ready for test.

Last but main question Do you know marathi ? 4/7 asked this

Interview Questions

• 1. Puzzle of Wrong label (Manager will ask this, he asked this questions to everyone)
      3. Search the Node in linked list.
      4. Change to upper case (each word of sentence) (This Is Test Question)
      5. Add one day in given (dd,mm,yy)
      6. Find the element in dict of dict
      8. Magic function in Python.
      9. Lambda, map, filter, yield.
      12. Who decides that build is not ready for test.

Last but main question Do you know marathi ? 4/7 asked this   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (Pune (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

1. A coding test on HackerRank. It had about 5 multiple choice questions on Java, database, security. @ coding questions for 100 and 50 marks.

2. Called for face to face next week. Gave two rounds. I could answer the questions. The interviewers seemed satisfied with the answers. But were concerned that I don't posses the skills they wanted (Spring, Hibernate). I asked a lot of questions about the company, and they patiently answered. The questions were good, but not very difficult. Overall I was happy with the technical rounds.

After the 2 rounds, the HR called me to tell me that since I don't possess the skills they are looking for, they have kept my profile on hold.

Following things disappointed me:

1. I had mentioned beforehand that I do not have much experience in Java, leave alone Spring/Hibernate. These are not mentioned on my CV either (But told them that I can learn any skill if required). If these skills were a must have for them, they shouldn't have shortlisted my profile.

2. The HR person did not even show his face. I was escorted to the interview room by the security guy. After the technical rounds, the HR person called me to tell that I can leave, despite being in the same office. That was really disrespectful. I took a leave from my office to appear for the interview on a weekday, and the HR guy can't even meet in person? And mind you, I have 10 years of experience. I don't know how they would handle freshers.

Interview Questions

• Solution for a search using any of the attributes of an object   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Pune (India)).

Interview

Total of 8 rounds where 1 was an online coding test, 5 technical round, 1 hiring manager round, 1 HR round. 2 technical rounds were in Bengaluru and 3 were in Pune.

Interview Questions

• Edit distance between 2 strings, designing a git server,   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Pune (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

First you have to give an aptitude test which has got sectional cut off. The aptitude test contains quantative, technical and questions based on C++ or JAVA(based on the language you chose). Once you have cleared the aptitude test there are few rounds of interviews. In each interview you are asked all types of questions starting from easy to difficult. Please be prepared to write code on paper.

Interview Questions

• Networking skills and regarding the stuff mentioned in CV.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Pune (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

Telephonic Interview and 2 Face to face rounds and 1 managerial interview. Technical questions including Core Java , multithreaded programming , data structures , distributing computing concepts , design patterns etc.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, Java multithreading and design patterns, Distributed computing   Answer Question

Quality Engineering Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Pune (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn.
    First round was a coding round at HackerRank site or if the candidate loath the coding evaluation, they were open to schedule a telephonic interview. - I chose coding evaluation.
    I was then selected for an interview event at Pune. They had a 5-day event and asked me for a convenient slot.

It was a complete forenoon-session interview (8am to 1pm) comprising of 4 rounds, each 45 minutes.
    4 different interviewers concentrated on 4 different areas; Networking / programming & logical answering/ Python & design patterns / Linux & OS

On the same day, they intimated that they were interested to proceed with the offer for me, but the location as Pune. But I had my preferred location as Bangalore.
    Later, I was offered the job in Bangalore location.

Interview Questions

• * given 3 linux machines A B C, how to make A reachable from B? - detailed answering on subnetting/ ARP
      * DHCP / BOOTP ? ARP/RARP ?
      * Python scripting - simple and difficult levels, tweaking with list / dictionaries
      * Linux commands, process/ thread?
      * Design an online Car parking system.
      * Puzzles   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Pune (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Round 1
    Find last 10 lines in a file in most optimized way.

Find prime numbers till 1000 numbers
    And in most optimized way.

Gold bar puzzle to make 7 pieces and need to give it to worker in 7 days with minimum cut.

Wrong labels puzzles.
    A B A+B worngly labeled .find correct label in one way.

TCs for landline phone.

Round 2
    Circular linked list.

Find a loop in linked list and can go to any other element outside loop.

Making triangles from equilateral triangle exposed side and how many triangles will be made for n iterations.

Round 3
    Implement queue using stacks.

Tell Process block elements

Interview Questions

• Find a loop in linked list and can go to any other element outside loop.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware (Pune (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

First, there was aptitude test in which questions on computer engineering, java/c++ and some simple maths and logical reasoning problems were there. Then for the interviews there were 2/3 rounds. In first round basically they were testing our interests and the next round was fully technical. Additionally there was a third HR round.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Pune (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

two telephonic - used collab edit to write code
    one in person - in person discussion at vmware office

Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Pune (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Got call from HR from Banglore, For Telephonic Technical Round.

Interview Questions

• 1) This was pure Technical JAVA interview Questions, Same basic questions and then questions on socket programing.   Answer Question